Catch 22 LBDR

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this thread is very picture heavy, so, I thought I would let all the followers know where I am at and how things are going. The plan is very military in that I plan to finish it by Christmas so there is a lot happening at the moment. I have had new seat covers made and they should be hear next week. I also posted the remains of the steering wheel off for rebuilding so should see the results of that in a few weeks too. I need drawings/dimensions of the canvas roof section. If anyone has any that would be fantastic.

The body work is coming on nicely as you can see from the mass of pictures I have posted, but it has not bean easy. I have had a lot of help from other Quad owners on facebook with drawings etc. In spite of this it still took me several attempts to get the rear side right. The result was very bitty but once the welds were cleaned up it was fine. The left side should be easier (I hope).

I do have a video of the vehicle driving around for the first time but I cant seem to get it off my phone, sorry.

Next on the agenda will be having a new stainless fuel tank made. I only have one tank for the Quad so a second one was going to have to be found anyway. The plan is to only use the new tank and use the second for show only. I cant fit the tanks until I make up the left side. I have to pick up the rolled angle iron arches from the fabricators tomorrow so should be posting up pictures of the left side in the coming weeks.

The dash is also coming together nicely although I an still short an oil pressure gauge, So if anyone has a spare knocking about that would be great.

People who have bean following me from the start will know the drama I have had finding the right colour. First the vehicle was painted WW2 Portland stone (back when I thought it was ex British Army). Once I realized it was ex Irish Army I tried to match the colour and came up with a very sick green called Olive Branch. Once painted on I wasn't happy with it. I guessed the colour may have faded over time and resided to go for a darker green and came up with BS French Gray. However any info I found about painting Irish Military vehicles of this time period only mention Olive Green. So I have finally settled on this colour for the Quad.

There is lots I haven't mentioned but I will in the future. I Hope you are enjoying the thread and a big thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way.:laugh:

Edited by Catch 22 LBDR

Hello, if the steering wheel renovation was done by the same company that did my Bedford QL steering wheel it will start to crack after a few years of use !

IMG_0469.jpg

Found a good second hand steering wheel for my QL and also for the Morris C4, these wheels are a bit ruff but will go on to the vehicles.

Hello, if the steering wheel renovation was done by the same company that did my Bedford QL steering wheel it will start to crack after a few years of use !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]108329[/ATTACH]

Found a good second hand steering wheel for my QL and also for the Morris C4, these wheels are a bit ruff but will go on to the vehicles.

I hope not :-(. It wasn't cheap.