triumph rear stand

15cwt

I have bought a 1957 military TRW project bike that is missing the usual things. I have seen a rear stand advertised as being for a TRW but the picture shows minor variations in the castings, very minor, from the parts book picture. Are the rear stands for WW2 and post war bikes genaric, one stand firs many models, or are stands very specific to each motorcycle frame? Thank you for any help I can get. Gordon

To the best of my knowledge, although looking similar, the post-war TRW rear stand is not interchangeable with the wartime 3HW (though I may be wrong)....I seem to recall that the TRW used the slightly heavier Triumph twin frame...? I'm sure others can confirm whether I'm right or wrong.....:undecided:

• 1 year later...

Just picked up a 1956 TRW The stand is missing on mine too.

I just joined the forum . Here is the link to my introduction I have a few pics of my bike .

Maybe we can help each other out.;)

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?41979-My-name-is-Fred-Bedard-I-am-a-member-of-CVMG-(-Canadian-Vintage-Motorcycle-Group-)