3HW with New Identity

agmerlin

Great stuff. Another one lives to fight again. You should be well run in and fettled and used to it by the big tour in 2014. Ron

Thanks for saying so Ron.

Next job is getting the pannier frames sorted, one thing you maybe able to help with is what the brackets look like to fix the lower part of the frames to the rest of the bike. I had a look at the 3HW in the Nation Motorcycle Museum but they are clearly wrong. If they originally used brackets like they have put on, you would never be able to raise the tray as the bolts would be in the way. I'm assuming because of the holes along the bottom of the frame that that is where the brackets would have been fitted,am I right?

Regards

Andy

Yes the front fixings are a twisted bracket off the lower rear carrier stud. For some reason I couldn't get mine lined up correctly and settled for one bolt on the bottom of frame rather than two. I had to bend it forward to stop it fouling the brake arm.

Also here is the rear frame fixing bar that I've recently acquired but not fitted yet. Ron

3HW 112.jpg

3HW 115.jpg

There were a number of the (rear) brackets NOS floating around recently Ron.....I think Paul Fevyer had some..?

The front brackets are, I suspect, the same as the post-war TRW and the rear, I'm not sure about........many NOS ex-TRW brackets can be identified by the post-war gloss bronze-green colour........

Well Paul never rushed one of his NOS brackets to me Steve. I guess I'll just have to make do with this old rusty one.

Didn't see you at Popham on Sunday.... For some reason Beaulieu were displaying that strange and ugly prototype Enfield with an appeal for the correct carb. Ron

Edited by Ron
Didn't spell Bewlee right!!

Mrs M and I were at Peter Brown's sunning ourselves on Saturday in the garden.....:angel:.....the Sunday was, sadly, a day of rest and domestic chores.......>:(

I am hoping to make the next VMCC jumble at Shepton in October, plus the Dallas Dig-Out the same month.......we may also make a special guest appearance at the Goodwood Revival........! Life has been busy this year......kids, wedding and work for me........enjoyable but hectic.......hoping life settles down soon !!:)