Something a little different

Smithy

I spotted this at the Walsall Town Show last weekend andthought it may be of interest to others. The information card with it read,'Corgi 1940 ridden by Councilor Anthony Harris on the Wall of Death.'

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

Have to agree. The prototype Corgi was first announced to the public in "Motor Cycling" on 21st March 1946. Not even the previous Excelsior Welbike was born until 1942.

I wouldn't argue about the Wall of Death though.......Just about everything else has been used.

Ron

I belong to the 'Indian Riders Club' and therefore meet a few of these 'Wall of Death' guys and girls. I also have a couple of books on the subject. It seems if it has wheels it can ride the wall. In fact the whole thing started with pedal cycles. I don't think a great deal of speed is required. More technique and nerve I think. Ron

I belong to the 'Indian Riders Club' and therefore meet a few of these 'Wall of Death' guys and girls. I also have a couple of books on the subject. It seems if it has wheels it can ride the wall. In fact the whole thing started with pedal cycles. I don't think a great deal of speed is required. More technique and nerve I think. Ron

You will be interested in this one which was alongside it then Ron:

128.jpg

Scott

Lovely Scott. I would however hazard a guess that, that one hasn't been near a wall since restoration. I have never been completely confident at riding my own 741B on the road......even though I have put the throttle on the right and covered quite some miles. I would never use it for DR work and definitely wouldn't go near a Wall of Death with it.......or anything else come to that. Ron

741B 005.jpg

Edited by Ron