Olive Green PLCE Pistol Shoulder Holster Set Markings

Enfield1940

A bit of an obscure one this: if anyone has a genuine issue olive green PLCE shoulder holster set, could they let me know how and where it is marked? I've just bought one and I'm trying to work out if it's a real one or a commercial copy. The only marking I can find is a round quality control (?) marking on the holster which looks the same as the ones on issue PLCE. The flap, shoulder harness and waist belt are all unmarked, although the buckle on the waist belt is genuine Nexus.

So is it real, or is it Memorex?

Cheers,

Mark

OG PLCE Holster 4.jpg

OG PLCE Holster 1.jpg

OG PLCE Holster 2.jpg

OG PLCE Holster 3.jpg

Edited by Enfield1940

Thanks. I've had a rummage through my OG PLCE box and it seems to be a mark used by the company 'COC' as I've found a near identical mark on some COC made rifle grenade carriers. (Which definitely aren't commercial) Hopefully this suggests it's an issue item, although I'm still puzzled as to why there's a lack of other markings.

Thanks. I've had a rummage through my OG PLCE box and it seems to be a mark used by the company 'COC' as I've found a near identical mark on some COC made rifle grenade carriers. (Which definitely aren't commercial) Hopefully this suggests it's an issue item, although I'm still puzzled as to why there's a lack of other markings.

It's actually "CQC" (Chelsea Quilt Company)........still going too........makers of webbing and sleeping bags.......:-D

Managed to dig out a bag of odds and sods today, as the pictures show found 3x green PLCE shoulder holsters and an extra shoulder strap (fully marked), also a camo one for camparison.

One is identical to yours Mark, the other 2x are unmarked, the difference being the fold over flap (see fourth photo), you can see a stitched square on the flap, which appears to be padded. Of the 2x unmarked holsters, one has a paper label attached (see last photo).

Regards

Gary

pile1.jpg

pile4.jpg

pile3.jpg

pile2.jpg

pile.jpg

• 9 months later...

Needless to say green PLCE was only in production between 1989 and 1991 and is fast becoming scarce, especially certain items in new condition.......the holster assembly is probably high on the scarcity list today.....

Officially, the gear was referred to as "90 Pattern" PLCE but many items found are dated 89.......similar with the trial '72 Pattern nylon webbing where many items can be found with dates between '71 to '73 and it was also officially referred to on occasions as "PLCE 75"............

Not unusual to find no markings, but a UK manufacturers quality control stamp is a good sign and 99% likely ex-MoD....