CMP Ford Quad Fat.

Ian M

Need a bit of help for a model I am building.

I am trying to find pictures of the Crossed bars that hold the "sun roof" up on the Quads,

I seen they are often depicted with the canvas off, but the bars always in place.

Two questions:

Could they be removed.

How were they constructed, Was it a welded cross. Just two bars that crossed one over the other, and if so would they have been bent over each other?...

Hope some one can help.

Ian M

In this photo (sorry I can't remember where I found it, but it was probably on MLU) you can see a CGT or FGT with what looks like the canvas folded forward and no bars poking up into a ridge.

bantam-2-resized.jpg

Edit: Here's the source - it's one of Hanno's photos. http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showpost.php?p=79927&postcount=199

Edited by Lauren Child

There are a number of different types of Ford Quad, so it may help to be a bit more specific. I take it you mean the beetle-backed ones with the canvas covered sunroof at the top for cooling?

jep thats the one I meant.

Just trying to get a bit more out of the old Tamiya Kit. So I thought who better to ask than those that know the real thing.

Ian M