Beltring finds 2012....

Enfield1940

Repeating last year's thread - get anything good?

Not a vintage year for me, but I picked up various odds and ends yesterday:

RAF 1925 Pattern lower rucksack - £8

1990 OD PLCE trauma pouch (unissued) - £4

L1A1 SLR magazine - £5

1968 Pattern combat smock (size 8) - £10

Tropical DPM boonie hat (unissued + size 61) - £4

Pair of WWII RAF 1937 Pattern cartridge carriers (unissued) - £10

Pair of 1958 Pattern kidney pouches (first type – 1961 dated) - £5

1958 Pattern left-hand ammo pouch (first type) - £8.50

WWI French Citron-Foug grenade shell (rusty - mini-restoration project) - £5

1960’s MP white Browning HP holster (WWII type – not P58 type) - £5

L1A1 SLR BFA - £8

Probably the highlight is the P25 lower rucksack for a paltry £8. The dealer knew what it was as well, so I'm not sure why it was at a giveaway price? (It's in fairly tidy condition) I was also quite pleased with the very early P58 kidney pouches.

Over to you...

Hmmm...

The outer (metal) case for Wireless Set No.46 - which started out as a bare chassis about 30 years ago!

The shoulder straps for a WS62, though one is P37 khaki and the other P44 green!

Shock protection unit and cable entry panel for a friend's K9 radio body.

Miscellaneous (naval) signal flags - if I can find a "2nd Sub" I can spell "B*LL*CKS" with them, though that was not the original intention. I need to find a way of laundering them: maybe I'll ask HSBC. :D

Two more batteries (4.5 volt No.6 and the 12 volt No.1) for the collection.

Some interesting EMERs (Tels) to scan and return.

A WS19 aerial base mounting in _white_ rubber! (I've now got black & white rubber ones, a Canadian wooden one, and the post-WW2 pressed steel and seam welded types.)

Not to mention:

Sore feet, sore knees, an aching back, possible sunburn:shocked:, and an extremely upset piggybank that has gone back to hiding behind the wardrobe.

It was a good show and I enjoyed it immensely.

:thanx:

We are at the regular camping site, got a few fun bits as a mosin nagant rifle without woodwork on it,

hand full of casings for my collection , some dog treats to keep them happy and flags and poles. Old tools and fudge doughnuts etc. our dogs where fuzzed a lot as the Dane / mastiff crosses where happy too.

24 Volt Penthouse Lamp with an extra long lead £20

24 Volt to 12 volt converter £20

some jerrican seals £1 each

Bought for next year. Special Forces silent generator £1000.

I got to be honest i didn't think there was anything really great about the stalls this year or anything that stood out,apart from the prices that they are charging for de-acs then i reckon me and my brother would make a killing.

I had a good year ..... IWS (in need of a bit of TLC) £250Mk 1 bren magazine , with drill rounds and free cigar!!! £8Magazine for the .22 HK convertion kit for the British L1A1 SLR £6 (from a well known smallarms dealer and on Sunday)

i found a johnny seven OMA gun , a toy from my childhood for £5 not fully complete but if it was it would have cost alot more ! also nice to meet ferret fixer who admired it as i walked past hello again and neil with the OT who kindly let us take a photo of our little one sat in the back ! thanks again and nice to meet you guys ! ;)

i almost bought that storemans manual but when i went back clive had bought it!

got a 60patt jacket and trousers for £20 in very good condition

2 kd shirts and kd shorts

late pattern denison £20

ww2 colarless shirt £10

Jerkin Camouflaged very good condition £30

Couple of reliced shell cases

Box full of blanco blocks £25

2 ww2 dated 303 bandoleers £2 each

some books

2 hessian cammo nets

stretcher tressles £5 each

and some other bits and pieces that i cannot remember

Edited by MHillyard

i found a johnny seven OMA gun , a toy from my childhood for £5 not fully complete

There was one on ebay the other year, complete in box and it sold for £800.

There is one on there now for £900, and other sales of bits..you may get the missing parts?

I had a vintage Beltring and followed Lee's advice and bought any MOBAT stuff I saw:

MOBAT round, MOBAT official photo, MOBAT Techincal & Battle Handling Pamplet (bargain!), 1960 pattern smock (my size too!), 1952 - 1958 Green Howards cap badge, british army ties (bargain!)

I'm sure someone else snapped up the MOBAT cartridge cases and the two really nice MOBAT round cases, one which had nice 2nd Bn, Coldstream Guards markings on it.

2 No 4x5m Dutch army WW2 style rope/scrim camo nets, not seen for any for sale for ages so had to buy them

1 No interoir light for driver of Daimler Armoured car

12 NOS Daimler Dingo spark plugs at stupidly cheep price

2 No brush spring to repair a starter moter

3 No 1943 dated large ammo boxes

1 No very large 1942 dated ammo box

1 No bren mag box dated 1944

varoius webbing straps for tying things down

1 No NOS Daimler dingo speedo

2 No 2 pounder shells with heads for Daimler Heavy.

total spend approx £230

in addition was given an action man in tankers uniform as a gift.

And also given two replacement number 2 petrol cookers in return for a ride around the arena.(After i ran mine over with the daimler heavy!)

so a good year.

i saw that basket dont think it was that much of a bargain after all u r going to have to mod it to fit your ferret i got from Johnson's of leeds 351 radio, good battery made 2009 ,surf unit and frame for 80 quid plus 425 iniate box,inter conn harness adapter box,28v batt charger, and tuning box from t and s tat for 60 odd quid, also picked up some correct ferret head light bulbs 26v 50w/50w vertical dip . plus cammo stuff that i didn't really need but bought cause it was v cheap.

Edited by griff66