Reporting Live from W&P 2012

Marmite!!

For those that think the show is to be cancelled.. the Official answer is that the Show goes on..

From Facebook.. http://www.facebook.com/warandpeaceshow

Hi all, just to ask, while at a recent mvt meet, it was said that over weekend the Health and Safety would be making a decision as to if the excellent show you have, would be allowed to go ahead. Im about to do a £650 round trip in diesel and would really cry if i set off only to find out they had. I was planning a Sat/sun arrival but due to that rumor, kinda holding back alittle!

Official reply.. posted at 8:40am this morning

The War and Peace Show (Organisers) Hi Jon: that's completely untrue!! The War and Peace Show is NOT cancelled and no external agency is about to make a decision on our position!! You have that direct from the Organisers so please pass this information on and to whomever is spreading these false rumours.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is still on, i have not had a cancel order from the organisation yet.

we bring a 101fcambulance and a 109s3 ex raf (disability adapted) to the show.

boats been booked far in advance, working my ass off to have the s3 mot ready and fitted mud profiles to the misses her wheelchair. we bought extra sleepingbags, camp beds and i sleep in the 101fc as my disability won't allow camping in tents anymore. even the mastidane dogs are looking forward to go.. i hope i can pick up the 109 tomorrow with a mot.

i survived the 2007 show with mud too and i plan to walk on my wooden shoes. as safety thing.

cheers,

Arjan (now in lincolnshire to find a job)

its been persistant rain here in Somerset,all day today.Making loading vehicles and preping them ready for the trip rubbish.

If the ground at Beltring is anything like my garden is at present its going to be difficult to find an area to pitch a tent that doesnt have standing water on. Least of all drive to/across.

I hope this bad spell soon passes.

Wellies are loaded !

and its not gunna stop me from coming

Nice pictures lee!!

Can you take one from stall A1-A2 ? right when you come in via the main (visitors) entrance, just so we know what to expect!!

And say hello to Rex from Lex, the crazy Dutchman!

Cheers,

Lex

Lee, you probably missed this, but could you please??

Arriving saturday regardless!

Lex

Edited by welbike

Oy you lot - get a grip.

So it's muddy, the fields are wet and there are puddles.

But this is War and Peace - probably one of the few shows that still allow vehicle movement during the show and in my own opinion - the best show of the year.

Military vehicles were, and are made to operate and survive all conditions. In fact the only thing that lets vehicles down are the operators sat behind the steering wheel.

If a vehicle gets bogged in - the driver wasn't paying attention.

It's bizarre to watch a vehicle heading for a patch and we know even before they get there - they're not going to make it. But still they drive on until they come to a soggy halt.

I've moved several vehicles so far and haven't got a single one stuck. Everything from a Ford Ranger to a 55 tonne ARRV. Why - not because I am a superior driver but simply because I use my common-sense - if it looks impassable - it probably is.

Yes it's wet, a bit chilly at times and muddy. So what - I'm on holiday and I'm loving it. When the sun shines, it's bl--dy hot.

So get your kit packed, POL your vehicles and get to Beltring.

Lets have no more chats about it's wet and I may not come because my vehicle will get dirty.

Come on - lets have a little Dunkirk spirit.

Right now I'm off to hose down my wellies and get ready for the next plum who puts his super 4 wheel drive vehicle in a bog and then scratches his head when it won't come out.

Oh and for the record - War and Peace is not and will not be cancelled, regardless of the weather.

The thing that makes War and Peace the best show in my opinion - is that people come whatever the weather and have a bl--dy good time.

Markheliops

It should be fun whatever the ever the weather.... kit out vehicle and self with appropriate wet weather gear and hope its sunny all week. If it pees down so be it, we get that all the time up here in the sunny north west of england! We still have to work. Its the weekends that p me off as most of the time during the week its dry and the weekend is wet and miserable!

I'm still smiling honest!!

It should be fun whatever the ever the weather.... kit out vehicle and self with appropriate wet weather gear and hope its sunny all week. If it pees down so be it, we get that all the time up here in the sunny north west of england! We still have to work. Its the weekends that p me off as most of the time during the week its dry and the weekend is wet and miserable!

I'm still smiling honest!!

Are you bringing any of the Ferrets down??.

ive just got back from the wp show delivering other peoples vehicles my transporter is only two wheel drive and towing a trailer it did not get stuck no i did not take it of the main tracks yes its muddy i walked the route before driving it, this war and peace show you iver get sun burn and dust or mud if you dont like mud dont go for the rest have a great week

Well said Mark. Its the people who make the show. We will be there tomorrow with the 434 and the Rapier and a hand full of Rovers you make what you will of the show we will be the ones having a hoot drinking beer and chatting with friends not seen for a while.

See you there.

Message for Jack

I think you are missing an important business venture. I think Pathfinder should have made some canvas collapsable boats for W&P this year. You could have made a fortune.......

Robert

I'd be bringing stuff down now, but still got a non-starting truck, a Dodge with no fuel tank and a tank which needs some attention to the wheels and tracks before I put it near mud (don't want to be making repairs in the on-site conditions!). Got side-tracked helping finish a jeep restoration this evening and off to enjoy the mud in hyde park tomorrow night. Going to be a busy weekend....

Me and Tracey are getting excited (with slight muddy anticipation) about our first ever W&P or event as exhibitors in our Civil Defence Corps Fordson Thames.

Naturally, we've camped before but I cant work out why we seem to have enough provisions and gear for a regiment!!.....fear of being ill prepared I suppose.

Not deterred by a bit of rain....even as newbies.

We will write a genuine update report on our arrival and camp set-up tomorrow for all those arriving at the weeknd.

Hope all who attend have an enjoyable show.

Neil.

Me and Tracey are getting excited (with slight muddy anticipation) about our first ever W&P or event as exhibitors in our Civil Defence Corps Fordson Thames.

Naturally, we've camped before but I cant work out why we seem to have enough provisions and gear for a regiment!!.....fear of being ill prepared I suppose.

Not deterred by a bit of rain....even as newbies.

We will write a genuine update report on our arrival and camp set-up tomorrow for all those arriving at the weeknd.

Hope all who attend have an enjoyable show.

Neil.

Take plenty of cash, food you can do without!