Reporting Live from W&P 2012

Marmite!!

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blue skies over east grinstead even cut grass with knackered knee! however skies looking black now and can hear thunder something oddly satisfying about cutting grass then it peeing down! feels like u have beaten weather! now raining!

Just thrown the storm straps over tents, wind picking up & blues skies are disappearing, can hear thunder rumbling & getting closer :undecided: just hope it misses us..

Photos just taken..

One side of the Hop Farm..

c5dea101.jpg

The other side..

d5274451.jpg

just hope it misses us..

By the time I finished uploading photos & typing this, massive lightning strike near by & black all over :embarrassed:

I live 8 miles away from Beltring and it's currently thunder/ lightning and torrential rain here - waters running into the pub!!!

Im starting to wonder if this is going to be worth it - restricted movement etc is no fun tbh

W&P is always fun what ever the weather.. Sun is back out now & winds gone lol

Lee, I know it's probably been said, but huge thanks for the updates, I really appreciate seeing how things are coming on (as we all do no doubt) and although with the current weather there's an amount of trepidation, there's an equal amount of exitement about heading down. Really look forward to catching up with everyone I know.

Thanks again... & mind the trench foot.

Hi Lee

Great reports....looks like its getting wetter and wetter

Have you had a look in Medway Field? Wonder if our plot is oK

East Anglian Fighting Vehicle Group, just inside the field and on the right

Cheers

Andy

Hi Lee

Cheers

Andy

Andy - you sure you didn't mean to say East Anglian Floating Vehicles Group?? :-D

Hi Lee

Cheers

Andy

Haven't been in Medaway for a few days, see your plot the other day... Medway field is said to be ok, those that have lost plots in Monktons due to vehicles having to use them for roads are being moved into Medway, I will take a stroll over there this afternoon.. just waiting for the sun to go down, don't want to get sunburn :D

I have had reports back from people that have been there this morning that said in most places the ground is beyond saturation level. Coupled with the fact the weather forecasts have rain for the next few days,come the weekend when the bulk ofof the vehicles turn up the whole place will be a nightmare. The only hope is if it were to stop raining for the next week at least. Which ain't going to happen.

We would also like to know if the EAFVG area is ok

We intend to come down on saturday with our 3.5ton LDV Maxus van towing the jeep on a trailer.

Would this be too risky to do this? We wanted to have the Van on site as we can securely keep our kit etc in there and importantly i want to keep the welbike safe so it is not stolen, as you can imagine it is very easy to nick. We have cammo nets etc to cover it up with though. It would be nice to know if the van would make it over to the field, we can take the jeep off to make it lighter but it is not the greatest off roader.

We would also like to know if the EAFVG area is ok

We intend to come down on saturday with our 3.5ton LDV Maxus van towing the jeep on a trailer.

Would this be too risky to do this? We wanted to have the Van on site as we can securely keep our kit etc in there and importantly i want to keep the welbike safe so it is not stolen, as you can imagine it is very easy to nick. We have cammo nets etc to cover it up with though. It would be nice to know if the van would make it over to the field, we can take the jeep off to make it lighter but it is not the greatest off roader.

You will need a support vehicle pass & leave the van in the support carpark during public opening hours.. as we explained to you at the Bunker Bash about civy vehicles being on display pitches..

I have had reports back from people that have been there this morning that said in most places the ground is beyond saturation level

I've been here since last Thursday & don't agree about most places being beyond saturation levels.. it is drying out, there are areas I think they won't be able to use but they have plans in place.. there are people turning up all the time with vehicles & setting up camp.. some won't brave the weather but I think there will still be a very good turn out.. If we took notice of the weather all the time in this country we would never do any shows..

In 2007 we had plenty of mud & rain.. still a good show..

Maybe Paul it's because I have been doing the shows so long that I am no longer willing to put up with the crap weather lol. I hope you all have a good time and make the most of it. I will be down on Sunday to pick the Ferret up. But you will see me heading in the other direction down the 7 mile lane.lol

I've been here since last Thursday & don't agree about most places being beyond saturation levels.. it is drying out, there are areas I think they won't be able to use but they have plans in place.. there are people turning up all the time with vehicles & setting up camp.. some won't brave the weather but I think there will still be a very good turn out.. If we took notice of the weather all the time in this country we would never do any shows..

In 2007 we had plenty of mud & rain.. still a good show..

We didn't have rain on this level.it,s rained constantly since the end of April. The 2007 show it rained midway through the week. The ground was bone dry before that. With areas restricted what fun will it be for those attending?. Great if you just want to park up for a week and chat.

Look on the bright side folks - rain means no dust on the roadways and in the arena so the audience have a better chance of seeing the vehicles in action!! :cheesy:

Thats if they dont sink first !!!!:red:

Ok which way is the neaest drain ???