Marmite!!

Reporting Live from W&P 2012

more easy to clean,more stabile with blowing over.

those four sided mini sheds "blow"over my site supervisor found out. i pushed him over and the toilet landed on its door.

thats why they made them diffirent, and should be better with the smell.

Soulda gone to Clochemerle!

zzzzzclochemerle1.jpg

Now, do I spy a Valentine, behind that "Green Goddess"?

I can't wait to see who wakes up in the night to find one in their tent. It will also be interesting to see how many go missing. Clochmerle was a classic....well remembered.

i dont agree with the new toilets where does my nu2 go and i would need a step ladder for a nu 1 ! :shocked:

Just gone Midnight & torrential here at the moment..

bbc weather monday and thursday good weather the rest well you know today i suggest u find bar with telly moto gp on plus british F1( plus some blokes hitting a ball around!)

Soggy... river overflowed last night.. camp under water this morning.. floods everywhere.. photos to follow..

This is usually one of my favourite threads on here - it really gets me in the mood for W&P - but this is quite worrying. We're looking to go down to Beltring, as usual, next Saturday but it really needs to dry out a lot before then!

The whole site is fairly low lying (I remember seeing it in the 1968 floods when I was 4!) and the River Medway forms part of the boundary so it's no surprise that it gets a bit wet, but how wet would it have to be before they cancelled the show?!

A massive fingers crossed job for some drier weather this week!!

This is usually one of my favourite threads on here - it really gets me in the mood for W&P - but this is quite worrying. We're looking to go down to Beltring, as usual, next Saturday but it really needs to dry out a lot before then!

The whole site is fairly low lying (I remember seeing it in the 1968 floods when I was 4!) and the River Medway forms part of the boundary so it's no surprise that it gets a bit wet, but how wet would it have to be before they cancelled the show?!

A massive fingers crossed job for some drier weather this week!!

Peter,

I was down by the Medway yesterday, and the river level was not that bad, I suspect that Lee is near the stream that flows past the shower block and down alongside Monktons fields. We will await further info. The Americas Field was in very good shape on Sat morning.

It was really wet a few years back.. we still had fun.. Doubt there's any plans to cancel it.. the water level has dropped a bit already & some areas have started to drain off..

Peter,

I was down by the Medway yesterday, and the river level was not that bad, I suspect that Lee is near the stream that flows past the shower block and down alongside Monktons fields. We will await further info. The Americas Field was in very good shape on Sat morning.

Correct Richard.. this is the one that overflowed.. down by the showers the water was over the footbridge..

If people have common sense & keep vehicle movement to a minimum & were capable of driving their vehicle properly (Unlike the guy Mark had to help out) then the ground should be ok when it dries off..

Mark stuck in the mud.. he didn't put it there..

IMG00205-20120708-1459.jpg

IMG00208-20120708-1501.jpg

IMG00209-20120708-1501.jpg

IMG00204-20120708-1457.jpg

IMG00210-20120708-1504.jpg

IMG00211-20120708-1505.jpg

Mark with his new boots..

DSC_0281.jpg

Photos from around the site..

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

IMG00205-20120708-1459.jpg

IMG00208-20120708-1501.jpg

IMG00209-20120708-1501.jpg

IMG00204-20120708-1457.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

IMG00196-20120708-1438.jpg

Some Toe Rag has been at it already, they nicked a 50cal cover off Rex's GMC & tried to have the gun away too.. It was parked next to 3 occupied caravans at the time >:(

Civvies sneaking on to the site maybe?

Isn't everyone there a civvy ? ;)

Edited by onthecorner

We went up this morning and dropped off a vehicle or three. My mates wife reported that the gents loos were flooded - business as usual then!:D

it will dry out and even if it does i remember the mud of a few years ago it was still a cracking show just need boots or wellies lol

this will be year number 15 for me so looking forward to it no matter the weather lol

Year 15 for me too, I really wish the weather picks up a bit. It's no fun having to pick all the mud out of the wheels and tracks... I remember doing that in 2007 and I think there's still mud in the Spartan from that year!

Chris

I cant wait for more pics as the site builds up. Wasn't it Joris mudsurfing a few years ago?

The forecast isn't that good, lot's and lot's of rain this week....