Reporting Live from W&P 2012

Marmite!!

Bloody well said Mark ,The show is what you make in my opion ,and we are all looking forward to it ,We are arriving Sat morn with the M4 High speed and turning up sat afternoon with the Ward and caravan to stay , see you all there !!!

I assume you've got to the bottom of the Ward's overheating problems Adrian, what was causing it?

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About vehicle and mud, getting stuck and being a bit of a idiot.

I drive a 2 wheel drive car loaded with gear and such.

Guess I may get stuck. Probably amusing or annoying for some but sorry...I can't afford to drive the Dodge all the way to Dunkirk (300KM), pay the ferry and then another 8-100 KM to the show just to avoid bogging down.

So if I get stuck, help.

Don't mind the rain or mud apart from the previous reason.

Surfs up!

I assume you've got to the bottom of the Ward's overheating problems Adrian, what was causing it?

Hi Degsy ,

Well fingers crossed !!! taking it on a test drive tomorrow to see if weve cured the over heating problem , Mike took the head of hoping to find a blown head gasket but it looked fine so replaced it with a new one and refitted the head etc , so Mike has changed the rad that was it for a much bigger one so hoping that will cure the problem !!!

Hi Degsy ,

Well fingers crossed !!! taking it on a test drive tomorrow to see if weve cured the over heating problem , Mike took the head of hoping to find a blown head gasket but it looked fine so replaced it with a new one and refitted the head etc , so Mike has changed the rad that was it for a much bigger one so hoping that will cure the problem !!!

Hope the new rad will cure it, Mike said he was a bit suspicious that could be the problem when we were struggling with the Ward at the road side on the way back from Dorchester.

Despite my initial concerns, this has been a really helpful thread (as usual!)

Champ and car all packed now ready for an early morning departure tomorrow, arriving, as tradition dictates, via the Oakdene Cafe at the bottom of Wrotham Hill!!

Met Office forecast looks reasonable now - apart from tomorrow morning when we will be mostly putting up our 9x9!!

Here's to another great W&P!!

Next lot of photos shortly but first..

Someone has put a rumour about that I have been posting up that the show is about to be cancelled, anyone who bothers reading this thread will know this couldn't be further from the truth. The only place I have posted a report is here, I DO NOT do Facebook, none of the comments or photos on there are mine.

I have spoken to Rex & he does not have a problem with me posting the photos..

The show goes on, the site IS drying out, vehicles are arriving all the time, booking in is running smoothly...

Well said. Keep up the good work. Everyone knows how much you enjoy WP and look forward to it. Sensible people will take no notice of any bollo' allegedly attributed to you.

Next lot of photos shortly but first..

Someone has put a rumour about that I have been posting up that the show is about to be cancelled, anyone who bothers reading this thread will know this couldn't be further from the truth. The only place I have posted a report is here, I DO NOT do Facebook, none of the comments or photos on there are mine.

I have spoken to Rex & he does not have a problem with me posting the photos..

The show goes on, the site IS drying out, vehicles are arriving all the time, booking in is running smoothly...

For those out there who are putting rumours about that the W&P Team are not prepared, think again..

Here's a bit of kit they brought in to drain the worst areas.. it drained the main flooded area by the fair in a very short time...

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0661.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0672.jpg

DSC_0673.jpg

DSC_0674.jpg

DSC_0679.jpg

DSC_0686.jpg

DSC_0701.jpg

DSC_0703.jpg

DSC_0832.jpg

DSC_0834.jpg

& there's always plan "B" :D

DSC_0771.jpg

DSC_0772.jpg

DSC_0773.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

Bit confused here Lee, do you mean you do not have a Facebook account, or just that you are not posting W&P stuff on there?

Not posting W&P stuff there or commenting on anyone's comments.. I hardly use FB as anyone on my friends list would know..

& before anyone asks.. the Bunker Bash FB page is run by Ian..

Edited by Marmite!!