Can anyone help ID this bike? (RAF? Replica?)

RickyJ

Hey folks, I was trying to find some info on the bike pictured below. I found this site via google and have been climbing through page after page, very interesting and well informed stuff on this site!

Anyway, I was hoping someone could help me out with the identification of this bike (make, model, era? Is it real or replica?). I was visiting my in laws in Chicago a few months back and stumbled across this. It was locked in a gate and the sidecar was obscuring the engine cases so I couldn't really tell what it was. I went back to see if I could find the owner to have a better look but the bike was gone. I've stumped my father, a hardcore motorcyclist of 40+ years. Any help would be great!

mysterybike.jpg

Edited by RickyJ
misinformation

Thanks Ron. I figured as much, what with the non-springer fork and semi-modern looking controls. It does have a drum front brake, so I am guessing it's somewhere in the late 60s - mid 70s. I am pretty sure almost everyone had gone disc by then.

Cheers.

Still looking for a make/model if anyone knows it, since it's been bugging me for a few months now, haha.