Weather for W&P 2012

woa2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Relapse puts me a little in doubt - but soldiering on. Bad pun. I'm still due to be on the press team as usual. I am making my own heavy weather of it.

Rain shouldn't be a problem uless a certain someone forgets his tentpoles again.... :-D

OK, update so far. There is either a Low pressure coming our way from Canada (Rain) or a High pressure that is still lurking in the Atlantic to hit us by the end of next week. I can't guess as to which will get to us at the moment. Therefore still prepare for the worst. A waterproof Sun hat would be a good idea and I have just looked out my Wellingtons.

That low pressure is coming our way, so it will be very wet at W&P (as if you didn't know already). Unless something changes by next week, and I am talking of tuesday/wednesday onwards, it will be wet and wellingtons will be a must. My vehicle will have an umberella in the rifle clip and I have already got my wellingtons ready.

Don't think I will be driving a 4x2 car around the arena this year.

That low pressure is coming our way, so it will be very wet at W&P (as if you didn't know already). Unless something changes by next week, and I am talking of tuesday/wednesday onwards, it will be wet and wellingtons will be a must. My vehicle will have an umberella in the rifle clip and I have already got my wellingtons ready.

Don't think I will be driving a 4x2 car around the arena this year.

That low pressure depression is on your pitch Robert, and its under water! pic taken today, tuesday 2pm

The rest of the site is pretty bad, the only access open to Monktons is virtually impassable already for any large or 2 wheel drive vehicle from the main track, and there isn't many vehicles there yet!! also the track down to the arena by the toilet block is already closed off with axle deep ruts, there is more rain forecast for this week, lets hope not too much and for more sun to help dry the site out

Image.jpg

Edited by Nick Johns

and of course as the pitch is reserved for you thats where you have to camp, works both ways!!!!:D

Lots are going to be in for a shock when they arrive to their reserved waterlogged pitches, this is the new DUKW pond half way up Monktons field by the water tank, the small stream on the right of the field has flooded over its banks

Image 1.jpg

Edited by Nick Johns

That low pressure depression is on your pitch Robert, and its under water! taken today, tuesday 2pm

The rest of the site is pretty bad, the only access open to Monktons is virtually impassable already for any large or 2 wheel drive vehicle from the main track, and there isn't many vehicles there yet!! also the track down to the arena by the toilet block is already closed off with axle deep ruts, there is more rain forecast for this week,

Oh Sh1t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the photo, Nick. Looks like it might be a year to remember, but for the wrong reasons.

Seeing pitches are being reserved I'll try again.;

Could someone stake out a claim for me, my family, forum member Ashley and friend Mat?

In more or less the usual spot, America's field, across the heli-field 2nd road right when entering the Amerca's field.? Please.

We'll probably have some 4-5 vehicles.

A sign saying "Brit/Dutch MV Group" (or something similar) would be perfect....

There is rumour of the FA and FIFA sending officials (with an HSE inspector in tow) for a pitch inspection on Fri afternoon and Saturday morning - if too bad it will be postponed until January where the ground will be more firm with frozen permafrost making all the water into a firm base :cool2:;)