Is it me or are parts for fv432s drying up

afvnut75

Hi thought id ask all you british post war tracked armour owners out there is it me or is there a fv432 parts drought packs seem to getting very few in numbers including all related spares stop soloniodes,etc. CES is getting non existant tow ropes and boiling vessel carriers etc So far its the case of you ring someone up and ask have you got so and so for fv432 then it decends into the cheese shop episode from monty python Are these parts simply being stock piled as their drying up by mercenary characters , Or are they simply being weighed in, The same happened to abbot spares one minute they were in abundance next minute vanished .

Is our hobby as far as the post war vehicle fraternity getting more expensive and restricted as personally its starting to take its toll on my love of ownership of these vehicles

Your thoughts on this matter please !

Buy it when you see it is the name of the game. Unfortunatley you need to keep a stockpile of things that wear out or go wrong. The problem with the FV432 is that nobody else uses them, any which have been cut up went straight to the scrap man. At least with the CVRTs there is a large end user market for the take off parts, which is why Withams stripped them and sold them off in bits. The good news is that they are still in service, so there are parts in the system which will come out eventually I guess.

Chris

Agree with Chris you have to get stuff when you can once its gone its gone. I dont know that people are stockpiling to make a profit - sure that will be some of it but if you dont know where the next one is coming from you will buy an extra one and put it away just in case. Unless there is something I desperately need I have given up on CES outside of Beltring it just seems a lot cheaper there..!

For CVRT roadwheels are the things that cause me the most agonising. I started stockpiling these then someone told me they go off if stored for too long and will disintegrate when used, so I started selling them, then started worrying and thinking I should collect them again..! There seem to be plenty around at the moment, and most of my vehicles have new or very good ones on now so maybe I just worry too much..!

I don't see that it's particularly better or worse than anything else at the moment. As said before, buy it when you see it is the name of the game, if you have more than you need you can always play swaps with other people later. MOD will slowly start to sell off the non-Bulldog parts which is why Withams have Allison gearboxes coming out of their ears at the moment. Hopefully some engines will follow ....

Andy

Well i have been reading your posts so far with great interest and thank you for them ! I think possibly the best thing to do is as some of you have suggested hoarding fv430 parts for the time being at least until withams eventually open the flood gates of fv430 spares which i hope will be in the not too distant future ,

So for the time being its advertise in wanted sections and pester indviduals in dealers yard and at shows for fv430 bits and see what i can amass together ,

Maybe its a good thing i cant afford a chinook or a mil 8 otherwise no dealers yard would be safe :nut:

Well i have been reading your posts so far with great interest and thank you for them ! I think possibly the best thing to do is as some of you have suggested hoarding fv430 parts for the time being at least until withams eventually open the flood gates of fv430 spares which i hope will be in the not too distant future ,

So for the time being its advertise in wanted sections and pester indviduals in dealers yard and at shows for fv430 bits and see what i can amass together ,

Maybe its a good thing i cant afford a chinook or a mil 8 otherwise no dealers yard would be safe :nut:

Puzzled of Stockport asks.... why did you not buy the virtually brand new starter motor off me a few months ago which was offered to you at a very reasonable price ?

Puzzled of Stockport asks.... why did you not buy the virtually brand new starter motor off me a few months ago which was offered to you at a very reasonable price ?

Hi john sorry that i i didnt get back to you ! been rather busy flying about parts of the uk house hunting in order to gain a house with acreage and twinned with the amount of work ive done on my vehicles for months it quite simply slipped my mind i do apologise if you have it still in stock then pm me with details again

cheers