Tankfest 2012

Many thanks for organisers allowing a few privately owned MVs to attend. Here is one of our enclaves.

DSC02381Medium.jpg

I really found the visitors were particularly sensible & appreciative. In 30 odd years of displaying MVs I have never had such good appreciation from people hearing about the history & development of my displayed vehicle. In fact on the Sunday I got my hand shaken by five people on different occasions thanking me for my time in explaining its history. I've never had this experience before.

I was so busy I didn't have time even look in the arena at the tanks doing their stuff. Although I did look at some of the smaller tanks which were very impressive. I particularly like this German 'Falke' IR night vision system. The detail & rust effect was very convincing particularly when you consider the Falke was about an inch long.

DSC02372Medium.jpg

DSC02373Medium.jpg

DSC02374Medium.jpg

DSC02375Medium.jpg

DSC02376Medium.jpg

DSC02377Medium.jpg

The IR filter should actually appear almost black, but I think this was artistic licence as I suspect it could light up. If it was genuine IR of course you wouldn't see it light up!

It was good to meet you again Clive and I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed with the show and museum. Thanks for the leads on the manuals you mentioned in the foyer too, I managed to pick up a Centurion one and dad bought himself an Abbot manual just in case he decides to buy one for real :D

Hi,

had a good weekend also talking to some very interested members of the public, servicemen and ex servicemen in our area enhanced by a very nice kublewagen.

DSCF0211.jpg

Edited by ashley