Reporting live from A&E 2012

Massive Thanks Jack!!! Really enjoyed the first official outing with the Austin. A superb event which we all enjoyed!!!! P.s. much respect to the bike riders.....almost the most enjoyable bit for me!!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just sitting down for a cuppa, 610 mile round trip to A&E, great time as expected on Saturday with fine weather, however I shall never forget pitching the tent in the gale on Friday afternoon and the whole family enjoyed the wind and rain of last night, I thought we would wake up in the next field! (most of the tents near us were deserted until the early hours due to the dance in town)

Adrians M10 was great to see up close and watching a HST rescuing a Diamond T pulling a Sherman on a Rogers trailer is not something I ever thought I would see!

Thanks to everyone involved.

Dave and the team worked hard in the cook house which was much appreciated - Jenni & I peeled our fare share of tatties as we didn't have the Loyd to take part just yet.

That was the most extra ordinary time of my life. So much to say and will get to it once I have finished sorting out the campsite and safe to say that I am above exhausted but MY GOD we nailed it.

We all done something very special over the three days - you don't get to see all do that anywhere in the world.

The UK has just shown the rest of the world how to do it. Well done to everyone!

- now I have to get Jesses school uniform ironed and get him off to school then back to the campsite.

Yours tired,

Jack.

what a great weekend ,cant add much that hasnt been said already except to say on behalf of the outriders thanks for vehicle drivers for staying in to the left as requested it makes the whole job a lot easier and safer for us all

Nigel

Thanks everyone for a diamond weekend!

I'm uploading the video that I took, but don't expect much as I think that I should have switched the "anti shake" off on the camera as it tends to over compensate (Either that or I should have drank more beer.). Carrier Barry, your bit is on img 141 I think. It'll take me a while to upload the 76 clips on my clockwork connection, and for Kim to sort them out into a folder on youtube, but with luck they should be up by tommorow (Link to folllow.). If nothing else, I hope the vid's will give those that didn't attend an idea of the fun.

"You allright Jack?" :D

Bless you my children. Now go forth and multiply. :laugh:

"Father" Pete

Sleep well, Jack. You deserve it. Thanks to everyone - except Mother Nature for a stunning weekend. Saturday was another classic. I've even learned to live with "dressing up". It was great to see everyone again and I am so glad James and I brought a back-up tent. Hope the Rixons are feeling better.

MB

Wow what a weekend!!!!!!! Thanks to all who have asked, we are all getting back on our feet again. Youngest cubelet George began to feel poorly on the way home as well :(

We did have a brilliant time on Saturday and such a wonderful atmosphere in the back of the mans truck!!!

Lovely to meet up with friends old and new. :)

Didn't take many photos but here a few if them

Chef Ives showing his other side!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636303.418263.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636378.872365.jpg

G506 and his new bigger tent

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636399.953269.jpg

Teaching the G506 boys early!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636471.559585.jpg

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?q5yxgb

Some more

Keito and Snapper

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636571.729523.jpg

Olaf mending my helmet :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636606.358401.jpg

The man himself giving a speech on the evening before the convoy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636646.142858.jpg

Checking the oil and water

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636706.034596.jpg

The model T Truck, this was an amazing sight as we convoyed past them! Then I guess they followed on behind us into Martinstown.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636741.676735.jpg

chillin' in the Rixon Mansion

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636885.690128.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636952.836446.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340636969.311485.jpg

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cswo3t

Real pissed to have missed it this time! Especially as it left me the only DR for the Weymouth convoy on Saturday. It doesn't matter what you have heard Jack.......I still like you. We're all a bit weird........otherwise we'd probably be playing golf or something.

Ron

Real pissed to have missed it this time! Especially as it left me the only DR for the Weymouth convoy on Saturday. It doesn't matter what you have heard Jack.......I still like you. We're all a bit weird........otherwise we'd probably be playing golf or something.

Ron

Got news for you Ron - I am going to get a bike and join you and your guys - I did warn you of that on Sunday :coffee:

- so inspired by them all.

Damn you Virgin media (Oi Branson, get your poop sorted!). I'm going outside, I may be gone for some time. All I wanted to do was upload some poorly filmed vid'. I guess that's what happens with Pete and 'tech. I'll get it up ASAP folks (Hangs head in shame.).