Bedford MWR 1943

Higgins kpt.

Thanks for offer, Im owner two MW, and three more chassis, Have two original bonets, This my MWR project is very hard job....please let me know , if you have one bonet for sale, let know your idea about price with postage to Czech republic? 

On 7/26/2017 at 8:48 PM, Higgins kpt. said:

Hi Tom

P2250138.JPG

Been looking at the data I have.

For your MWR , chassis number 61420

Contract S3053, best estimate of original Z number is Z5253868

ContractS3053 was for 2000 vehicles,  Z number range Z5252268 to Z5254267, which makes yours the 1600th vehicle in this contract. Which make your delivery date early July 1944. By the way the original cost was £320 16shillings and 2 pence, the conversion from a GS to an MWR cost £56

Did this have a re-build plate ?, If so what was it's post war reg ?

Cheers

Richard

Edited by 64EK26
typo

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Tom

Looking good, have you managed to find a 300W BSA charger to fit in the generator box ?

Also a photo of the plate that was attached to the chassis under the chassis serial number would be good

Also thanks for ongoing help with my MWC restoration

See you in Normandy 2019 ?

Cheers

Richard

hi Richard, yes maybe, yes but now find  other parts, and problematic work, all is rusty and damaget.

¨Let me time , send to you details about MWC, what you need.

Yes next year wants go to Normandy,  make meeting.

regards

Tom

Hi Simon, thank you!

Its only my hands make job by photos...

Much more work before me, many parts missing, its great problém,

I  repair cab, very damaget, and engine, now I must make engine, 

think about operation Garden, next september, go with my MWC and new MWR , hope.

Tom

P6210069.JPG

P6210073.JPG

P6210074.JPG

P6230075.JPG

P6250084.JPG

P6280134.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Please help, make engine, its Bedford 28 , think early model  "MW 9030", 1940,

think will be good, but I try orig. distributor for MWR and problém, on the side no place(!),

think Im stupid or MWR have diferent engine?

P6280135.JPG

P6290139.JPG

P6290141.JPG

P7030147.JPG

P7030148.JPG

P7030149.JPG

P7030150.JPG

P7030151.JPG

Hi Thomas the side plate steel cover which gives access to the cam followers and push rods is a diffrent it has a large radius in the plate to allow the screened MWR distibutor to be fitted , i have ready to be fitted to my truck if you need a photo to work from

8 minutes ago, landrover nick said:

Hi Thomas the side plate steel cover which gives access to the cam followers and push rods is a diffrent it has a large radius in the plate to allow the screened MWR distibutor to be fitted , i have ready to be fitted to my truck if you need a photo to work from

Same side cover is fitted to the QLR engine as well

I have a side cover for a QLR with the recess for the shielded distributor - I would be happy to do a swap if you are prepared to meet postage costs.

The stay rod for the dynamo (generator) doesn't look right in the last photo, I think it should go on the next bolt up on the timing chain cover so that it is nearer to the horizontal.

PM me with your address if you want the side cover.

Regards,

Mike

Thank you very much, Mike, message was send, Stay rod for dynamo not orig.(very similar to my MWC) , but bolt position think is orig. , you know engine is 1940, not for MWR, see much more problems. for example - coil position? By maintenance manual april 1944- MWR have diference model generator to normal MW.etc.,etc,. Velcome pictures and more info about MWr eletrical equipment 

s-l1600.jpg

I know its farway to equipment in side body MWR, but have interst about this,

must change my first info, MWR not was member Anti -aicraft battery ,but  signals motor battalion 1944/45, look for detail info MWR in motor battalion  service?

22 minutes ago, 64EK26 said:

Richard F - Agree that the photo is post war, it will be 20YT??  . shame the tail board is not lifted up a bit to see the full reg.

Hi Richard,

It could even be one of the 'R' series registrations, where the vehicle has been rebuilt and lost its original identity. RG for example, I have seen MW's like this. Often the body fitments were changed to suit new equipment, etc.