Bedford MWR 1943

Higgins kpt.

Hallo to all,

think about reconstruction my MWR wreck, but missing information about special details only for MWR,

Maybe help me owners MWR with pictures and information,

Now its big project and big problem for searching missing parts MWR.

thanks for help

Tom

S7300995.JPG

S7300988.JPG

hallo to all,

think about reconstruction my mwr wreck, but missing information about special details only for mwr,

maybe help me owners mwr with pictures and information,

now its big project and big problem for searching missing parts mwr.

Thanks for help

tom

looks a big project all right ! Good luck !!

There was an ebay user Nuttynigel0 who was trying to sell the internal fittings for an MWR on ebay some time back a lot of it didn't sell if I recall. Might be worth dropping him a message. I note he is still selling some MW related bits.

I've no connection with this bloke other than buying a Wireless Set 22 off him some time ago. Seemed like a decent sort when I collected it.

Cheers

Paul

• 4 years later...

Hi Tom

I am sure you will make a good job of it, just like your MWC. :)

There was an ebay user Nuttynigel0 who was trying to sell the internal fittings for an MWR on ebay some time back a lot of it didn't sell if I recall. Might be worth dropping him a message. I note he is still selling some MW related bits.

I've no connection with this bloke other than buying a Wireless Set 22 off him some time ago. Seemed like a decent sort when I collected it.

Cheers

Paul

I have sent you nigel's contact details

Cheers

Richard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
two nice items for my MWR project,

generator and roof window....

The MWR carries the 300w Chore Horse generator in the locker that acts as the drivers footstep. That type of generator is more commonly seen in Airborne signals jeeps I think.

i believe the original 300w generators were of Canadian manufacture although my MWR came with the later BSA clone.

Thanks for the info, but I have no manual with exact designation of the generator. I do not have a war picture. But this generator fits into the box. Unfortunately, I have won the MWR wreck and get any part is a problem for me, but also a holiday. I miss the information about inside transmitter and the antennas, help me? For the MWR he has Canadian the WS 19 .Not easy project

I miss the information about inside transmitter and the antennas, help me? For the MWR he has Canadian the WS 19 .Not easy project.

Hello Tom - we both travel the same road.

This might help. it is a schematic of the radio equipment fitted in one type of MWR. it is shown in the ground station mode but shows the generator, charging board, battery boxes and the radio carrier onto which are mounted the set, power supply, variometer etc etc. which are fitted inside the vehicle. Everything could be taken out and setup in a building if required. The radio board clips onto the radio table. There was a useful thread on MLU which showed all the furniture for the back of an MWR but it has been lost through the Photobucket debacle.

The MWR has the A set and B set aerial mounts fitted to the tilt frame. These are standard fittings. All the ignition wiring is shielded.

You will also need the control box for the auxiliary generator fitted to the LHS front. These appear to look similar to those fitted on the bulkhead or fitted in the QLR and Dorchester ACV

The other thing to do is to look at Nicky's thread on the restoration of his MWR here on HMVF.

ws19-accessori2.jpg

Edited by simon king

Hi Tom

What you have is an 80W Lightweight Charging set

If you google that you will find the manual for it.

They were used by airborne troops in WW2 and were manufactured by

various companies (I have a couple made by Stuart Turner)

They were also used by the British Army up until the 1980's. Nice little

engines but a bit noisy and prone to the magneto failing.

Cheers Richard

Hi Smon, thank you very much, I see in detail Nicky's thread , much help me. becouse , for example have only small part internal wood box, think with Nicky pans make good repro this boxes, But still have many questions marks, for example for what is this boxes? Why is box with generator on driver side???Think is very poor for driver, or why

Why lifting the tubular structure with the sail up?Its on colour photo.ou, but Im happy owner MWR, orig.MWR, no rebuild ex-MWC or MWD. About this generator, please photo with this 300watts in the box, think 300w is big size.

Hello Tom - we both travel the same road.

This might help. it is a schematic of the radio equipment fitted in one type of MWR. it is shown in the ground station mode but shows the generator, charging board, battery boxes and the radio carrier onto which are mounted the set, power supply, variometer etc etc. which are fitted inside the vehicle. Everything could be taken out and setup in a building if required. The radio board clips onto the radio table. There was a useful thread on MLU which showed all the furniture for the back of an MWR but it has been lost through the Photobucket debacle.

The MWR has the A set and B set aerial mounts fitted to the tilt frame. These are standard fittings. All the ignition wiring is shielded.

You will also need the control box for the auxiliary generator fitted to the LHS front. These appear to look similar to those fitted on the bulkhead or fitted in the QLR and Dorchester ACV

The other thing to do is to look at Nicky's thread on the restoration of his MWR here on HMVF.

Generator is 80watts, and this box is perfets size for this generator, I dont know , but this elertical scheme is not for MW(?), true is this generator is on Radio jeep with ws 19, I think by this true info, jeep+WS19+ 80wats similar to MWR, and good size this creazy box on driver side. And two photos CIABG MwR on parade Prag town 30.5.1945

3054583300_153bbf2497_b.jpg

17523461_10209019458272669_5217620356262809170_n.jpg

17554578_10209019462672779_3688903937436082681_n.jpg

HI Richard, thank you for info, think its nice item, wartime item, Tom

Hi Tom

What you have is an 80W Lightweight Charging set

If you google that you will find the manual for it.

They were used by airborne troops in WW2 and were manufactured by

various companies (I have a couple made by Stuart Turner)

They were also used by the British Army up until the 1980's. Nice little

engines but a bit noisy and prone to the magneto failing.

Cheers Richard

HI Richard, thank you for info, think its nice item, wartime item, Tom

Hi Tom

the Chore Horse or BSA 300w generator is correct for the MWR and fits in the drivers footstep box although it is a squeeze. It was never intended to be used other than when the set was used as a ground station, That wiring schematic also shows the radio equipment in one version of the MWR and is probably the "simplest" to find - although finding signals equipment can be both time consuming and expensive - it is just shown removed from the vehicle which was an intended option. The four batteries are clamped two either side of the table and the charging board with its protective cover is attached to the LHS of the headboard adjacent to the control box for the auxiliary generator. The radio carrier simply clicks into mounts on the table

Bins were either 56" or 36" long, 12" wide and 9" high. On the LHS the 56" bin went on top of the wheel arch cupboard and the shorter rear cupboard. The 36" bin went on the RHS above the wheel arch cupboard. Other MWRs had another horizontal cupboard on the RHS in place of the bin. The bins had a canvas flap. I can let you have my drawings if you want.

The MWR with a raised tilt - to provide more headroom - is a post war modification - note the xxYTxx registration.

The boxes bins and cupboards are for aerials, radio/vehicle spares and the crews kit. The horizontal lockers on top of the wheel arches will take spare radios and power supplies, although the official inventory for a 15cwt radio truck does not include spare radio/psu.

Edited by simon king

Thank you, Nicky, very intersting photos!

I only think about this Wireless scheme, here is four batery boxes and MWR have only two(?),

Many questions for this small truck...

Send photos my weekend work, MWR is back on Tyres(!), Uf, it was hard work.

Tom

P7120134.jpg

P7250166.jpg

P7250169.jpg

P7250175.jpg

P7250167.jpg

Hi Simon, thank you very much for very interesting information!Oh, yes, welcome drawings, regards

Tom

Hi Tom

the Chore Horse or BSA 300w generator is correct for the MWR and fits in the drivers footstep box although it is a squeeze. It was never intended to be used other than when the set was used as a ground station, That wiring schematic also shows the radio equipment in one version of the MWR and is probably the "simplest" to find - although finding signals equipment can be both time consuming and expensive - it is just shown removed from the vehicle which was an intended option. The four batteries are clamped two either side of the table and the charging board with its protective cover is attached to the LHS of the headboard adjacent to the control box for the auxiliary generator. The radio carrier simply clicks into mounts on the table

Bins were either 56" or 36" long, 12" wide and 9" high. On the LHS the 56" bin went on top of the wheel arch cupboard and the shorter rear cupboard. The 36" bin went on the RHS above the wheel arch cupboard. Other MWRs had another horizontal cupboard on the RHS in place of the bin. The bins had a canvas flap. I can let you have my drawings if you want.

The MWR with a raised tilt - to provide more headroom - is a post war modification - note the xxYTxx registration.

The boxes bins and cupboards are for aerials, radio/vehicle spares and the crews kit. The horizontal lockers on top of the wheel arches will take spare radios and power supplies, although the official inventory for a 15cwt radio truck does not include spare radio/psu.

Good progress will you be ready for Normandy in 2019 no problem

attachment.php?attachmentid=127687&stc=1

the photo shows the battery box instillation in the rear of my truck you can only see the front two battery boxes from the rear of the truck you do not really need the inner two ,

we really need to organise a Bedford gathering in Normandy in 2019 could we get enough trucks to have something on the scale of some of American vehicle gatherings

DSCF0761.jpg