Jeep exhaust blackening rear wheel.

chris_shepherdson

Question

Hi just got my jeep this week after months of searching and disappointments.

Shes in good fettle hence I've done about 100 miles this week, but the exhaust position means I get blackening all over the off side rear tyre and wheel.

The previous owner used lead substitute I don't intend to.

Having looked underneath there is some scope to move the exhaust a bit but not enough to kick it out past the wheel I don't think. Whats the views on adding a slight bend to the end of the pipe to divert it a little?

The jeep is a 1943 Ford GPW with lots of F marked parts and the original engine and chassis, though the tub and chassis are solid the engine needs some TLC over the winter but until then I'm going to use her every week and get out to some shows.

Any strong views on whats best?:red:

5 answers to this question

My 43 GPW does same but as it is in desert garb I think it adds character to the colour and prefer my jeep well used and authentic looking instead of showroom, but then again that is me lol. Does the cross pipe position not let you move it slightly, be repositioning brackets etc, and away from tyre?

Gary

Hi just got my jeep this week after months of searching and disappointments.

The jeep is a 1943 Ford GPW with lots of F marked parts and the original engine and chassis, though the tub and chassis are solid the engine needs some TLC over the winter but until then I'm going to use her every week and get out to some shows.

Any strong views on whats best?:red:

I think that you have answered your own question here......... the engine needs some TLC !!!!!