Your user name, what does it mean...?

Jack

I'm sure that to anyone who has spent weeks scraping and wire brushing an Explorer from underneath, Gritineye will need no explanation...

I didn't reveal my real name before I retired as a lot of my more lucrative customers were of the tree hugging variety, and I thought it best to keep them from stumbling across my gas guzzling activities!

Just one good reason for using an anonymous user-name, a practice that has been frowned on by a couple of posters on here in the past..

Edited by gritineye

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With a name like Branko Dragovic I had to shorten it, as I struggle with it on a Monday, or a Tuesday......

Bran on its own would confuse me with a breakfast cereal, but then Bran D confuses with strong spirit drink so I should have used Bran on its own...Oh well I'm glad its not confusing!

Makes perfect sense, especially the brandy bit!!!!!

• 1 year later...
Mine is not too complicated when you see my avitar....My BRDM2 fires the "Malyutka" AT-3 missile. NATO code name is SAGGER, and for obvious reasons I wasn't going to use that.:shocked:

'Malyutka' could be translated as 'sweet little thing'. Not that I am suggesting anything. Just saying. :D

A similar word is used to describe the Fiat 126 when it was made and sold here in Poland.

The GCU Grey Area is a ship from the wonderfully disturbed mind of Iain Banks/Iain M Banks who has sadly just announced that he has probably only months to live and that the book he has due for publication is likely to be his last.

My own disturbed mind is amused by my profile pic which is the sign on the girl's toilet door from a previous office...:cool2:

What do you mean "too shy to ask" Rosie?

I could understand it if I had a name like "Mark massive hose" or "Mark ding-dong."

Well you know how shy I am?!! Just wasn't sure what a 'heliops' was!!

Ploughman.

What could it refer to - Something Military maybe even RE maybe a mine layer.

No

Not even Agricultural

More a seasonal thing.

Meet Number 18 a 104 year old Railway Snowplough, one of my other pet interests.

26 tons of Timber and a little bit of Ironwork.

The star of a British transport Film from the 1950s "Snowdrift at Bleath Ghyll"

Front RH.jpg