Bedfords MW owners, all models meeting ? 2014? Normandy?

Higgins kpt.

Hallo for others owners Bedfords MW,

have idea about meeting owners British Bedfords MW , all models, after two years, 2014 june, in Normandy,

70th Aniversary D- day.

Its now my great idea, but I do not know whether the interest?

becouse my friend Rob, few years ego make meeting British military motorcycles, in Normandy.

It was very nice action, wieu, fajn time for all owners.

Please send me your opinion,

Tom Higgins

happy owner Bedford MWD, MWC, two MW wrecks and one more chassis MW

Thanks for positive answers!

(Im sorry for not best English)

it could be a motivation to complete the renovation of other MW,

think two years is long time and more owners have interest?

Try contact Tv , History chanel (?) may be have interes for this Bedfords Mw show,

Think best place for meeting is Longues sur mer, British zone, very nice place,

I do not know how many in Europe, mobile, renovation of Bedford MW?

30 -50 vehicles ??? Maybe much better know John?

Tom

Hello Tom,

I'd say there are at least 20-30 Aeroscreen MW's in europe. If you can find them all and i'd guess there are around 200+ MW's all together.

A friend restoring an aeroscreen water tanker is also going to try and finish his for this event.

Regards John

• 4 weeks later...
You'd all be more than welcome at our planned British Living History event in Ver sur Mer.

We now have the adjoining field complete with tobruk, so there's plenty of room...........

Sounds ok to me, any more thoughts on this one?

Sounds ok to me, any more thoughts on this one?

I dont know, think let open meeting place- now,

thin first is how many MW trucks wants go on this meeting?

I try finnish my MWG 1941, Rippo go, think, and you finnish your MWD,

five MW Bedfords together be nice,

or other owners wants go to Normandy june 2014?

velcome!

Tom

• 1 year later...

Good morning gents.

The Living History camp at Ver sur Mer (Gold Beach) organisation is now in full swing, so if you want to arrange a meet-up there, (probably 7th or 8th June?) you'll all be more than welcome. As I said way back, we have extra space this time, and it would be nice to fill it!

Wish I could have got mine there . I cant logisticly get my MW to Normandy its too expensive to ship down to Portsmouth from North Yorkshire, so I'm taking the Jeep on the trailer......British marked of course :) , where camping with the IMPS at Port-en-Bessin .

Dave

Edited by Davey089

• 5 weeks later...

I am taking my Bedford MWR. Most interested in doing a photo shoot for Military Machines International Mag if MW owners are

interested. We could get some cracking photos of Bedford's finest. Also taking pix of all vehicles as covering the Tour for the mag. Will be in the MVT campsite. How about it Bedford owners.

• 1 month later...
Good morning gents.

The Living History camp at Ver sur Mer (Gold Beach) organisation is now in full swing, so if you want to arrange a meet-up there, (probably 7th or 8th June?) you'll all be more than welcome. As I said way back, we have extra space this time, and it would be nice to fill it!

Hi Nigel Roberts and Peter Heath and Bedford MW USK 856 here. We really want to be there. Can you tell us who to talk to, to book into the living history camp. Don't want to upset people by gate crashing. Regards N.P.R. Arte et Marte

Good morning Nigel, good morning Peter, good morning MW.

Very much depends on what you'd like to do. I must emphasis that it's a Living History event at which there will be suitable historic vehicles, NOT a military vehicle event per se.

So if you want to simply visit us, you'll be welcome any time.

If however you'd like to attend the event on a more formal basis, please complete and return the form that you'll find here -

http://www.goldbeach.org.uk/english_content/normandy2014pre-event.htm

HTH and BR

Geoff

• 2 months later...

Back for normandy and beginning to rejoin the real would again ,here are my photos of MW 's as we never managed to arrange a proper meet up ,my count of MW's only just made ten in total ,any body beat ten ? i think the most gathered together was the line up for the bayeux parade my truck is DAS 399 hope other owners will be happy to identify them self s nicky

WP_20140608_09_54_51_Pro__highres.jpg

WP_20140608_09_50_43_Smart.jpg

WP_20140608_09_54_58_Pro__highres.jpg

DSCF0075.jpg

Oh, very nice pictures!!!

Like this Bedfords MW!!!

Im sorry my Bedfords must stay home, cray, cray,

transport was very, very, very expensive, only ony trailer truck, place only for one jeep, Tilly and Bedb QL,

no more....

try in september to Holland,

thanks for this meeting and pictures

Tom