OPERATION BOLERO - JUNE 2007

M5Clive

This all sounds like an amazing offer from Adrian. I have to concentrate on snapping for CMV and if this is commercial purposes then someone else should be in the air. I would like to get some aerials if possible - maybe put them out as event handouts for Clive's press coverage??? But it doesn't have to be me doing them by any means. This whole events seems to be developing into something very special. Must remember to book the time off!!!

I'm happy to help. The problem with the commercial side is, I believe, intent. If pics are taken with the intention of being used commercially, this is aerial work and requires a commercial pilots licence, public transport cat. C of A etc. If pics are taken for private use and subsequently end up being published, I think that is ok....I think! CAA aren't daft though, I'm sure they've heard it all before and being a Government Agency, they will assume you are guilty. :roll:

Adrian

Interesting pics Steve - I can actually see our house on the aerial photo's of Eye, but when were they taken? Several years ago I would imagine as the airfield has been developed considerably since then.

Adrian, I have attended a 4 hour meeting today up at Parham and we are all systems go with Peter. Therefore, no problemsat all bringing in the aircraft. They have 500 yards concrete and an additional 200 yards grass (700 in total)

Peter will need to know your intentions nearer the time however, as you wont be the only aircraft movements over the weekend - Particulaly on Sunday July 1st.

Did you give any more thought to the Suffolk MVT Dover Castle trip on Feb 25th? We have about 10 seats remaining at present.

Cds

Interesting pics Steve - I can actually see our house on the aerial photo's of Eye, but when were they taken? Several years ago I would imagine as the airfield has been developed considerably since then.

Cds

The pics with the scorched earth are the summer of 1997, the greener pics are summer 1999.

Steve

10 years ago then and its disheartening to realise how much more of the old base has been eroded away by commercial development since that time :cry:

I keep meaning to nip down the old peri-track remains between the A-140 and the main runway and do a comparision photograph with the colour picture in the Mighty Eighth in Colour showing the B-17's on the hardstandings with the open cab GMC LWB. If I don't pull my finger out and get and do it - it will be too late.

I took some excellent pictures of the airfield in 2003 from a flight with Adrian Barrell in his Citabria - Only trouble is they are on 35mm Kodakrome slides, otherwise I would post them on here to show the comparison between 1997 and 2003. Even more concrete has been removed since then though.

Its such a shame that just one of the arfields couldn't have been saved in 'as-was' condition. As Paul Marriott mentioned to me this evening over the course of dinner, "If Bernard Matthews doesn't recover from this Bird Flu outbreak, their might be a WWII USAAF airfields going cheap in North Suffolk :-o :-o"

Cds

Guest JeepJockey

Can anyone help.

Is this event limited to the heavies only, have a number of Jeeps and WC's interested.

Where can I obtain the booking in forms.

Ta

Paul : :coffee:

Can anyone help.

Is this event limited to the heavies only, have a number of Jeeps and WC's interested.

Where can I obtain the booking in forms.

Ta

Paul : :coffee:

Hi Paul.

Clive will able to answer the vehicles side of things but with regards to the forum there will be one up here for you soon - it should of been last week but there was a technological breakdown ( Clive is blaming his wife for it :whistle:) but we will get one up here as soon as we can.

Cheers

Jack.

Clive isn't blaming his wife for it - He is blaming his brother!

Reason being, I spend ages designing an entry form and then e-mail it to Neil for inclusion on the web-site. Neil says, I can't open in on my Mac, why did you use Microsift Publisher to design it?

Clive replies, because you gave it to me for Christmas!!!

WC's are welcome as are a few Jeeps, but I'm keen not to turn this into a Jeepfest, so Jeep numbers are limited.

Cds

No Friday is not the setting up day, Thursday and in some cases Wednesday is the setting up day. Friday is a full day of convoying, as is Saturday and Sunday morning.

The three day schedule is almost finished now and will be posted on the web-site presently.

cds