Help needed to I.D. mount for antenna

I wont say anything about the picture or the photographer, I know both very well.

What I will say is that the vehicle is part of a fly forward unit and that it was a headquaters signals element that was about to embark in or under a helicopter in a tactical bound to be ready for staff to establish control and command from the new location.

Without digging into boxes buried in a sea container I cant find the info of the unit, my recollection is that it was taken in the early to mid nineties.

R

Cheers guys much appretiated on the info . I got a guy asking about the masts he had thought they where for the bowman system but wasn't sure . Looking at the picture i would put it at late 80's early 90's as dpm jungles where used more in the field then the thicker combats .

I wont say anything about the picture or the photographer, I know both very well.

What I will say is that the vehicle is part of a fly forward unit and that it was a headquaters signals element that was about to embark in or under a helicopter in a tactical bound to be ready for staff to establish control and command from the new location.

Without digging into boxes buried in a sea container I cant find the info of the unit, my recollection is that it was taken in the early to mid nineties.

R

It looks like a development of the Racal MA928 antenna base (a bit thinner on the mounting), so it might be for something like the Jaguar or Panther radios.

The "helicopter" comment explains why the windscreen wipers are stuck down with gaffer tape! (The Base No.31 on the wing box also appears to have been protectively taped?)

Chris.