• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This one is easy and still done to this day just ask any PTI. Carried out on a PT lesson, 2 soldiers stand facing each other about a foot apart, one with left foot forward one with right foot forward. Both soldiers grip each others hands in the same fashion as the photo then pump each others arms furiously.

Not quite sure what it achieves but gets you warmed up on colder winter mornings.

Probably not the answer your looking for though :-D

This one is easy and still done to this day just ask any PTI. Carried out on a PT lesson, 2 soldiers stand facing each other about a foot apart, one with left foot forward one with right foot forward. Both soldiers grip each others hands in the same fashion as the photo then pump each others arms furiously.

Not quite sure what it achieves but gets you warmed up on colder winter mornings.

Probably not the answer your looking for though :-D

I suppose it warms the chaps up & is form of team bonding, but for this particular activity requires more than two men.

Is the '129 yrs ago' significant ?
Not especially

By my (poor) maths that makes it 1883?
Correct it is just the date of the manual that this is published in. A publication Chatham if that helps:D

hmmmm 1883 is when civilian (female) nurses were allowed to minister to the injured servicemen in hospital, taking over some duties from naval medical personnel.

Is it medical at all ?

Nope not medical

I'm going out to the sheds for a little while. If you get no response to posts it doesn't necessarily mean you are getting warm I'm afraid. I know some contestants think when you get closer to the answer the slower I am to respond :-D

Ah yes, thank you. I should have spotted that one. Nope not a special handshake Tony.

Depends which doors you knock on! :cool2: Ok stuff that idea. How about, correct hand grip to lug the other poor so and so over the ditch or wall. If they don't get shot, bayonated or other oh nasty, you follow?

It being a boring day so far.

Depends which doors you knock on! :cool2: Ok stuff that idea. How about, correct hand grip to lug the other poor so and so over the ditch or wall. If they don't get shot, bayonated or other oh nasty, you follow?

It being a boring day so far.

Yes Tony it is boring cold day, which is why I keep finding something to do rather that get into the shed & get on with the Shorland.

The special grip is not for hauling the wounded around. But you are starting to get warm.:-D

Clive, as a matter of interest one has to right click, but peeking into the darker reaches of your mind is not for the fainthearted :shake:

Bernard you've been peeping!

But that may be the actual answer & I put it there just to throw peepers off the scent. In earlier objects it used to regularly catch a few out. I like to keep up the tradition just for those whose curiosity gets the better of them.:-D