GPMG in a Ferret

Catch 22 LBDR

Hi guys, I have chosen to fit my Ferret mk2,s turret with a GPMP gun mount. But I dont know witch one to fit, there are 3 options open to me.

1. A deactivated gun. (not sure what mk/model it should be)

2. A replica. (not sure if the but can be removed and if it will fit)

3. An Airsoft version. (same prob as the replica)

Has anyone tried to fit any of these into there ferret and if so any advice?

Later in there life a lot of .30cal Brownings were converted to fire 7.62. I had one a few years back it looked externally the same except that it had an aluminum insert fitted where the rounds enter the breach so as to guide the smaller 7.62 into the correct position. I don't know if they were used by the British forces, but if they did then that would possibly save you swapping mounts and guns.

Hope this helps.

Later in there life a lot of .30cal Brownings were converted to fire 7.62. I had one a few years back it looked externally the same except that it had an aluminum insert fitted where the rounds enter the breach so as to guide the smaller 7.62 into the correct position. I don't know if they were used by the British forces, but if they did then that would possibly save you swapping mounts and guns.

Hope this helps.

Guns were NOT converted in British Service. Canadian & Israeli Guns Were. Indeed, Israel even manufactured a lot of 7.62mm Brownings themselves from new. Quite a few of these have turned upon the Market as Deacts.

Usually, the Israeli made guns were devoid of any Nomencleture markings on the R/H side, such as: Gun, .30"Cal Browning 1919A4. Etc. They ARE stamped on the L/H sideplate & on the top of the Bolt when you open the top cover. 7.62

Later in there life a lot of .30cal Brownings were converted to fire 7.62. I had one a few years back it looked externally the same except that it had an aluminum insert fitted where the rounds enter the breach so as to guide the smaller 7.62 into the correct position. I don't know if they were used by the British forces, but if they did then that would possibly save you swapping mounts and guns.<br>

<br>

Hope this helps.

<br>

<br>Guns were NOT converted in British Service. Canadian & Israeli Guns Were. Indeed, Israel even manufactured a lot of 7.62mm Brownings themselves from new. Quite a few of these have turned upon the Market as Deacts.<br>Usually, the Israeli made guns were devoid of any Nomencleture markings on the R/H side, such as: Gun, .30"Cal Browning 1919A4. Etc. They ARE stamped on the L/H sideplate & on the top of the Bolt when you open the top cover. 7.62<br>

• 5 years later...

Just for completeness  .... 6 years on and  eventually I purchased the Ferret in question.  It still had the GPMG mount installed and and no gun.   I managed to acquire an approximation of an L37 ..... it is a basic steel replica.  Not perfect, but at a good secondhand price, so can't grumble.   I did pass up a deact L37 at quite a reasonable price, which I am kicking myself about now.   I'm now working on converting the replica to oxy/gas operation.

IMG_6622.JPG

IMG_6716.JPG

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...