2 x AEC Matador Gun Tractors

Ian L

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Great work. I don't suppose you have drawings of the cab components?

My radiators have cast iron top and bottom tanks so have not suffered in the same way. Your core looks to be in very good condition so it is a case of either finding replacement tanks or getting new ones cast using the oldies as patterns (allowing for shinkage).

• 1 month later...
Great work. I don't suppose you have drawings of the cab components?

My radiators have cast iron top and bottom tanks so have not suffered in the same way. Your core looks to be in very good condition so it is a case of either finding replacement tanks or getting new ones cast using the oldies as patterns (allowing for shinkage).

Hi mammoth, sorry no drawings,making parts using originals as patterns (and a little guess work).thanks scott

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Ian for putting photos up,a nice record.scott

Scott, What a difference, She's looking great. You are doing a brilliant job and I am so pleased to see her coming on so well. I can't wait till she's ready for the road. Your'e going to love driving her. Thank you for bringing her back to life. She so deserves another chance.

Lynn :)

Scott, What a difference, She's looking great. You are doing a brilliant job and I am so pleased to see her coming on so well. I can't wait till she's ready for the road. Your'e going to love driving her. Thank you for bringing her back to life. She so deserves another chance.

Lynn :)

Thanks Lynn,its a slow process but it is moving,I have just cut timber for nearside corner, then I will feel the cab is more than 50% done!I have also just reworked a new air tank,which was rusted thru, normal work just keeps getting in the way.

scott

• :-)

• 5 months later...
Great work Scott.

These AEC cabs are a work of art and are never straight forward.

Good luck with it all.

James.

(Fellow Matador addict.)

Thanks James,its a steep learning curve,good luck with your collection to,look forward to seeing your mat towing a 5.5inch.scott.

• 1 year later...