Sten parts from Slovenia

Graham

Has anyone had experience of buying the sten parts for sale on ebay from someone/company based in Slovenia? There has been a wide range of parts, not just sten, for WW2 guns over the last few months. It would be interesting to hear comments from forum members.

Has anyone had experience of buying the sten parts for sale on ebay from someone/company based in Slovenia? There has been a wide range of parts, not just sten, for WW2 guns over the last few months. It would be interesting to hear comments from forum members.

Just had a look at this seller, most of the Sten parts (& other gun parts) he is selling would be illegal to import or own without a Section 5 FAC. You would also require an import licence to import component parts into the UK.. steer clear!!

Yes thanks for the advice. I am no expert but I did think there would be a problem importing these parts which could be used to assemble a gun, also I am not sure they comply with ebay rules?

My experience of ebay is that they only worry about the rules they want to.

As long as the rule is in place E Bay can flaunt their rather tattered honour and say 'We do all we can'. Remember in a lot of firearm law in UK it is not actually illegal to 'own' a piece, the offence is possecion. Good reason for it, you got it your nicked, we don't have the hassle of proving you own it.