Piles of old guns...(literally!)

I first found this series of photos a few years ago and at that time didn't think to save the link to the page.....BUT!.......I have just tonight come across it once again.......

Take a look .....you will honestly..... not believe your eyes....

....piles and I do mean PILES of old guns stacked up in a desert (well....'desert-ish'!) somewhere....

..what 'dya fancy?...

.. Thompsons ????.....M60s????? MG34s????? M3 Grease Guns????? .....Lee Enfields???

Anyone that's ever paid good money for an old Thompson or a MG34 will weep over these pictures.

I haven't a clue as to where the location is and there's no info on the web site either so....any guess's where this massive dump might have been / still is maybe ????

http://www.project-x.org.uk/armsdumpindex.html

The wood on the Lee Enfields does look scorched to me, so it does seem likely that it was caused by a fire although i would expect to see more distortion in the metal. Were Lee Enfields and Brens used in Vietnam - even by the French? With the MG34's there as well it would seem more likely that it was taken in Pakistan than in Vietnam, but happy to be shot down in flames.

Tim

I suspect this is not that uncommon in certain parts of the world. A mate who has been working in Africa recently has told me of similar finds. He also related the tale of taking a scorpion 90 for a spin having been assured it was clear. On his return he heard clunking noises from the rear and it turned out to be a few 90mm hesh rounds which had been bouncing around the turret merrily on his trip...!

.... the wood on the Thompsons looks to me just as though its been left out in the weather for years getting soaking wet in the rain then getting sun bleached....

......either way about it and however they came to be lying there...

......that yard is crammed full of some serious moneys worth of extremely collectable old weapons...:-D

The fire didn't do the dammage, it was the water they used to put the fire out. He told me that the warehouse burnt down but the contents were piled up and it all collapsed onto the piles. The water was then sprayed ontop of this to put the fire out and so not all the contents burned, the stuff was pulled apart and the resulting stacks were left rusting like that, the wood got water damaged and then bleached. Because it was the late 60s no one was intrested in this crap as there were tons of good weapons around and so it was left as scrap. The guy is called Philip Peterson, he's quite happy to chat so drop him a mail.