RAF Police Land Rover 90

whitecap162

thats nice mate, thank you. I assume its a 12v not 24v ffr?

My 90 currently has a hard top similar to this, I was going to put the soft top back on, but this will be a better idea.

Once again, thanks mate!!!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask another question? what equipment was carried in the 90? did you have the round "police stop" signs like the monk... oops I mean the RMP? Also, I assume that at a checkpoint/ entrance to station you used the torch with mirror?

Mark

Your vehicle is yours to do with as you wish, there is no question on that.

Just to me a bit of a shame to see the pioneer tool storage gone on the rear door and the bumperettes painted over.

Very nice side stripes, what they cost and who from?

Looking like a very clean truck

R

Your vehicle is yours to do with as you wish, there is no question on that.

Just to me a bit of a shame to see the pioneer tool storage gone on the rear door and the bumperettes painted over.

Very nice side stripes, what they cost and who from?

Looking like a very clean truck

R

Hi Robin,

a confession, the hard top isnt a military one, likewise the door, they were put on so we could go camping. I did toy with the idea of putting the pioneer tool mounts on, but the tools would go walkabout if left on!

I forgot to tell the painter about the bumperettes.

The stripes came from the EMLRA, 50p per metre, painter says they are a right p*g to put on!

Good luck with yours

TTFN

Mark

Looks real well mate. Look forward to seeing in the flesh. Need all the bits to go with it now. :cool2:

ta mate, just need to mount a blue light on roof, fit windows (not looking foward to that tho!!) and giveher a good wash!!

Mark

From memory we were still using Pye vehicle sets. I don't think we had gone over to Motorola at that time.

Stornos in the late 80's early 90's then the 'miracle' of the Pye set. The Motorola theoretically secure radios came late 90's, at least to where I was stationed.

• 2 weeks later...
Fetched her today, a few niggly bits, painter put stripes on the door pillars, and the towing hook is now painted green!!

He done a nice job though

Mark

Hi just read the thread re the RAF Police Your 90 looks really good and the Blue light on top will set it off. Are you going to add the Pye Radio too (or Motorola)?. Is it just the one side window you need to put in? Stripe sets it off nicely the knack off putting the stripe on is soapy water in a bucket. When I first heard this I thought no way as its adhesive and water will affect it sticking, however tried it out on the Goddess and it worked excellent and lets you move it up or down then dab dry with cloth or paper towel roll. Anyway enjoy any shows you take her too and add an other photo when light and windows in please. Nice seeing it.

Ernest

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all, just need to wire in the blue light, anybody know what amp fuse I need? (fuse will be removed when on public roads, and blue lamp covered up)

First show this weekend, Fortess Wales at Caldicot Castle, am taking my new uniform display as well

Mark