Insurance Woes

You're still very lucky in the UK with collector's insurance. Here in Belgium, I can't get anything beyond Third Party Only for my two Norton motorcycles (1940 WD and 1975 civilian) and they're costing me more than 300 euro per year. The lack of theft cover scares me but there is no choice.

I suspect that It'll have to get a lot worse in Blighty before an enthusiast will stop paying. If I could get comp or even TPF&T for £310, I wouldn't hesitate.

Well, I've just put Katy on my policy with Cherished Vehicle, £85, for six months till my policy comes up, on the Jersey plates and stored over there. Took a couple of minutes to check that they could cover a vehicle in a forign place, and then just supply details.

Top Banana.

Those who recommended Cherished Vehicle: Thank you and give yourselves a pat on the back.

Rang them today. They will insure the Ward La France (£10k), The Chieftain ARRV (£20k), the Chevrolet M1009 (£3k) for a grand total of £242.30.

It's pretty much the same as a FJ policy plus they will cover the Love trailer.

Well happy with that.

Markheliops

Top Banana.

Those who recommended Cherished Vehicle: Thank you and give yourselves a pat on the back.

Rang them today. They will insure the Ward La France (£10k), The Chieftain ARRV (£20k), the Chevrolet M1009 (£3k) for a grand total of £242.30.

It's pretty much the same as a FJ policy plus they will cover the Love trailer.

Well happy with that.

Markheliops

I rest my case! :D

Had no problems with FJ, fully comp on the jeep for £50, no mileage issues, insured for £14k. Maybe worth trying NFU. Did you mention you were a member of the MVT to get your discount?

How did you manage that? they just quoted on my 1944 to be Willys Jeep £165 and valued at £10K. Although they described it as a 1944 Willys jeep they asked me what make and model it was which left me a little concerned really. Time to ring around i think.

It sure pays off to phone around. It got me thinking. If we keep letting each other know where the cheapest available insurance is they might take notice at some point! I'll think about a system for this where you can lookup the cheapest insurance price. Would be a great asset!

It sure pays off to phone around. It got me thinking. If we keep letting each other know where the cheapest available insurance is they might take notice at some point! I'll think about a system for this where you can lookup the cheapest insurance price. Would be a great asset!

If I see you in the club house bar in a dress suit with a stupid twizzle moustache , BE WARNED!!!! I will not be responsible for my actions! Nor will many other members. There are parts of British TV that are just not suitable for viewing by sane persons!:nono::trustme:

Just a ponderance but is it worth a sticky thread covering insurance - there aren't a lot of insurers that cover MVs, and it's something that affects us all.

Good idea Lauren, I second that suggestion :)

If I see you in the club house bar in a dress suit with a stupid twizzle moustache , BE WARNED!!!! I will not be responsible for my actions! Nor will many other members. There are parts of British TV that are just not suitable for viewing by sane persons!:nono::trustme:

Just a FYI, the fella in question is a pukka welsh opera singer called Wynn Evans. Who has clearly sold his soul to the advertising devil!! I can't bear the adverts either.

I have just received the renewal for my two Bedfords, from Footman James. Having covered my son (23 at end of month) for the last two years, they now tell me that they are unable to offer furtjer cover for him to drive, as he is under 25!! Apparently this is due to the fact that they have changer underwiters. Clearly I can't drive both vehicles to shows at the same time, so this leaves me with a problem.

Does anyone know of an insurer or broker who can arrange cover for drivers under 25?

Mike :(

Cherished Vehicles would cover Tom at 24, but it would be expensive. Blame Gordon Brown, his No win No fee idea(To cut the Legal Aid bill) has caused a major rise in insurance costs. Most brockers end up with the K.G.M sybdicate at Lyodd's anyway.