Sleeping next to a loved-one

BSA WM20

It looks like I've only got a night or two next to my dear old M20, as when the wheels & mudguard are in, it'll be too big & heavy to get up the stairs. Having said that, it'll save a repeat of last nights anguish where the wife can't hear the TV over the banging and crashing from the bedroom above as I put the frame together.

Going out into the cold garage will never be the same again...

DSC01635.jpg

be careful ...if you get grease on the carpet it might be you sleeping in the garage ....

Jenkinov

The gearbox will be going in shortly, so it'll definitely be back in the garage. Shame though, I'll miss the tv whilst tinkering with the bike

I learnt a long time ago to separate the domestic scene from the hobbies......:-\

All bikes, tools, spares and militaria live at the farm........and the only related item allowed in the bedroom would be a glossy or a well-thumbed handbook for bedtime reading.....!!! >:(

I actually built my first flying flea in a spare bedroom....and it was still a bugger to get down the stairs....(I'm no longer married to that one for some odd reason)......wouldn't even consider an M20 in similar circumstances unless I upped the home (and private medical) insurance valuation.......

Edited by wdbikemad

Graham, a WD/C hauling a Big 4 chair? You want be entering any speed trials then Ha Ha! Ron

Cheers Ron, at my age shouldn't go too fast - causes nose bleeds ;) Excellent photo of a 'real one' I assume, mine is one I scratch built on an old Watsonian chassis - now if only I could getting going but that is another story for another forum.

Re sidecar project 003.jpg

Well done Graham. That looks like fun and you've done a good job scratch building it.

My first Big 4 side-car was a reproduction and made to original drawing but from 3/4" ply. Then a friend found this original in India, which I shipped home. However it was in a sorry state. Unbelievably the timber is plained 1" thick hard wood. I bought 1" Ash and had it plained which gives a thickness of 7/8" to match the original timber. My neighbour who was a cabinet maker repaired it for me. Two strong men can just about lift the body. No wonder the original side-car set up calls for a 2" tow in. Ron

Edited by Ron

They might be heavy, Ron but they can still lift- be careful !

id20682num59sizestill.jpg

I was down in France yesterday with Lex and Jan, looking at the area where 4 RNF were training in March 1940 when the Pathé film was made. It was an interesting day out. We sat at the long table in what remained of the chateau bombed in 1940 drinking pastis with the local mayor.

There should be some interesting 'then & nows" coming. Do you fancy a trip to France with 'Le Big' ?

I had assumed watching the film that two Big 4s collided but it was a poor bloody 16H that got caught in the sandwich. Lex wants to re-enact it. Should I trust him ?

They might be heavy, Ron but they can still lift- be careful !

id20682num59sizestill.jpg

I was down in France yesterday with Lex and Jan, looking at the area where 4 RNF were training in March 1940 when the Pathé film was made. It was an interesting day out. We sat at the long table in what remained of the chateau bombed in 1940 drinking pastis with the local mayor.

There should be some interesting 'then & nows" coming. Do you fancy a trip to France with 'Le Big' ?

I had assumed watching the film that two Big 4s collided but it was a poor bloody 16H that got caught in the sandwich. Lex wants to re-enact it. Should I trust him ?

Indeed, we were "Somewhere in France" yesterday...

1-11.png

2-9.png

3-6.png

4-4.png

5-2.png

6-1.png

7.png

Thanks for a very nice day chaps! I really enjoyed it!

Jan

Yes, that was a real enjoyable day!! and looking at the pictures, I must say the field location looks even more convincing this way!!! there's still 3 or 4 locations to find, but it is a difficult job, with no more landmarks than the land itself!!

Ron, Ill try not to bend my forks again, but "biggy" is heavier then a 16H, so we might bend those instead!! (but nothing a sturdy ratchet strap won't straighten!)

Here's someone using his Dingo to take the picture from the right angle!

10032012350_-_Copy.jpg

Cheers,

Lex

ps, don't forget to bring a can of white paint next time to paint the Mayors horse white!!!

Edited by welbike
Copyright problems

ps, don't forget to next time bring a can of white paint to paint the Mayors horse white!!!

Lex, "Whitewashing the mayor's horse" sounds like a dreadful euphemism for something that only the most depraved of minds could dream up.