Bedford mj cyl head info needed please

HELLO

just about to remove the cyl head from my mj (330 turbo) due to suspected head gasket failure, i dont have a engine manual for it yet and wanted to know the following for the refit

head bolts torque setting

rocker bolts torque setting

tappet clearance setting

anything else that may be usfull to know

thanks paul

Hi mate, if she is running OK I would leave well alone, she will keep on running for years! If you are determined, well here you go:

Valve clearences (hot) inlet: 0.3mm (0.012in.)

Exhaust: same as.

Torque settings Rocker shaft bolts 58Nm (43 lbf ft)

Cylinder head bolts 260 Nm (192 lbf ft) with lightly oiled threads.

Have you got a picture of her - I will have a look now.

Have fun

Regards

Daniel

thanks for that, bit late now as i had it off last week which was a nightmare if only i knew. had it skimmed, valves reground and new valve guides and stem seals so hope it worth the trouble.

thanks paul

Your welcome - sorry i didn't see ya post earlier. Checked ya profile & still no pictures, would love to see the old girl. I bet she purrs like a kitten now! Where did you get her from & do ya know anything about her service history?

work 014.jpg

heres a few pics of her. yea she does perr but unfortunatly still have the same problem as before which is a pain in the ass after all that work and money cant see why its still doing it. i believe it was used by the 22nd medical regiment thats about all i know as of yet i need to do some researce when i get a min

cheers

paul

road run 108.jpg

Nice looking truck mate.

What is the problem exactly that you are trying to fix, I am a bit lost as to what the gist of it was.

Who added the side bars, was that a previous owner?

Robin

the problem was/still is a very small amount of oil weeping between the cyl head and block behind the exhaust manifold seems to be a common problem but very annoying as i thought the work done would have cured it problem may be the piston rings or block but not sure. i think i will live with it for now

the side bars were fitted by previous owner dont know who by could find out if needed though.

thanks paul