WW2 20cwt Water trailer/bowser restoration

Ian L

Looking good Ian. Cant wait to see your bowser finished, it is just so good inspiration to finish mine.

Have you managed to find the wheel?

Cheers,

Dusan

Hi Duson Yes I have got a wheel for you in near perfect condition, best bet would be to drop it off at the W&P show if there's anybody that con collect it for you ?

I should have my bowser finished to bring along to the show too :drive:

Looking forward to W&P and to have fresh water, will be so nice with al the pumps and filters attached.

Guy;)

Hi Guy we can always use the water to keep the dust down mate, see you in a couple of weeks.

Looks like a Beldray bucket, the company also made very nice ironing boards, among other things.

trevor

Hi All,

Originally Bradley and Co of Albion Works, Mount Pleasant, Bilston, Staffordshire. According to this page:

http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Bradley_and_Co

"WWII. During the War, the company was heavily involved in munitions work. Hollowware continued on a much smaller scale and attention turned to bomb tails and other components, mortar bomb casings, small smoke floats (used to generate smoke screens at sea) and countless other things."

180px-Im1945Benn-Bradley1.jpg magnify-clip.png

1945 Publicity

I had one of their boards, which traveled the world helping me keep my uniform flat, until someone tried surfing on it in a billet one night...:cry:

Best Regards,

Prof

Hi Duson Yes I have got a wheel for you in near perfect condition, best bet would be to drop it off at the W&P show if there's anybody that con collect it for you ?

I should have my bowser finished to bring along to the show too :drive:

Thats great Ian, thanks. I will think something up. Several of my friends are going to the UK for Artillery training with The Garrison group during the Easter time so maybe I could ask someone to collect. Anyway, will be in touch in advance.

Nice buckets you have there. Cant wait to see your bowser finished with all the stuff on :-)

who were J&DC as that's stamped on the other bucket.

I have a feeling that I have seen those initials before, but I cannot place them. Maybe on a bucket, I used to help my dad look for rusty buckets in different dumps so we could remove the handle, cut in half then use the curved bits on the end as a tool to get the concave shape of the mortar between bricks - he was a master bricklayer and liked a good finish.

trevor

And now we are in to buckets, have one on my Bedford QL. nicely dated ..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102156[/ATTACH]

Nice Guy :D I see your keeping the QL in the living room now ? or are you installing radiators in the garage for her :cool2:

• 3 weeks later...

Evening Ian,

Was talking to Richard Beresford today about potential for re-manufacturing copies of the Metafilters.

Looked through this thread and was reminded that you were considering making some a couple of years ago.

How did those plans progress?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well done Ian,

There are many of us who have been looking for these for years without success!

We just need to progress the solution with Richard B.

By the way, if you are going to leave them on the trailer have you covered them in "Smartwater" for security??:cool2:

Well done Ian,

There are many of us who have been looking for these for years without success!

We just need to progress the solution with Richard B.

By the way, if you are going to leave them on the trailer have you covered them in "Smartwater" for security??:cool2:

Hi John.

I'll be taking both filters up to Richard just as soon as I have a free weekend, I think every aspect of remanufacturing them is covered but we need find a way of copying the makers plates.