Now the work will start with 13BK33 FV1611A

as far as the grease gun thing is concerned I've heard them called "Oddypots" although I don't know why. I've got one and you need to screw up the valve on the pot (the one where grease is coming out on yours) and then it should come out the lance. To get the lance off the nipple afterwards undo the valve on the pot. TBH they seem like a good idea, but I'm not sure as I just seem to end up covered in grease as it either squirts out of the pot or the lance. As it's double action, even picking it up can give you a greasy leg!

Aha I think they are more geared up for oil dispensing and maybe that flows better under pressure. When I next see Clive he will give me a tutorial :cheesy:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look what i found today :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59496[/ATTACH]

I hav'nt a clue either :nut: but i am sure it will come in handy :shocked: was a good sale at malvern got most of the bits for the champ thing and more !!!

After our Rampant thread on this the 2 locals get one each in the same week......That has to be good......Great purchase there RR. We can share specs and observ plungers etc.......I did have the wrong number in my phone.......LoL. Corrected now though :-D

Saw Piggy today and noticed a few things, but did take two batteries and connected up. Got an ignition panel light and she turned over................

20120328_112023.jpg

20120328_112103.jpg

Isolated the fuel as what was in one tank smelt like old gloss paint in a tin???? The fuel filter was fuel of old fuel, but no filter?

20120328_150913.jpg

I had identified something in the rear storage locker under floor that transpired to be these items.

20120328_130136.jpg

20120328_130009.jpg

20120328_125931.jpg

20120328_125904.jpg

20120328_125855.jpg

20120328_125847.jpg

20120328_184713.jpg

Lots of other images taken to follow;

Edited by Rover8FFR

Removing an awful lot of Gunge and it was evident that a historic custodian (Not PO) had painted some parts in the engine bay in DBG as I guess he didn't want to buy some SKy Blue?

20120328_151718.jpg

20120328_151804.jpg

The internal relay and switches cover identified a couple of non standard alterations?

20120328_154354.jpg

Internal controls and wiring

20120328_153930.jpg

20120328_153646.jpg

20120328_153635.jpg

20120328_153551.jpg

20120328_153502.jpg

Edited by Rover8FFR

Removed the jerry can holder as they were losing condition. One of them showed the word Maddson?? Only spotted on one carrier though

20120328_151857.jpg

20120328_151842.jpg

20120328_151633.jpg

20120328_150154.jpg

Original WD stamped rear numberplate Convoy Light fitting lamp.

20120328_150438.jpg

What the Andy 5000X is needed for

20120328_124506.jpg

20120328_124452.jpg

Noticed the tyres said 10 Ply followed by an 'L'. Other than Dunlop Track Grips made in England no other obvious markings?

Edited by Rover8FFR

Removed the jerry can holder as they were losing condition. One of them showed the word Maddson??
Madness??:D:D

Noticed the tyres said 10 Ply followed by an 'L'. Other than Dunlop Track Grips made in England no other obvious markings?
That's a Mk 1 tyre that was permissible on a Mk 2 as long as it was not mixed with another type on the same axle. It is stronger than the original Mk 1 tyre marked RF HS.

Some nice little extras there! You've got an airline for the compressor :D

It was a nice surprise....I was v excited to see the switch turn signal item until I opened it up and realised that it wont take the pointer I was expecting??????????

I assumed all the turn switches were for the Smiths switches that have the captive grub bolt, like the ignition panel???

I dont know if this was souced via DP and stored in locker or whether the part number is correct, but item changed???

One for the snug tomorrow.

All the tyres are marked exactly the same, which supports your reply?

Well Happy she cranked over and nicely also so didn't sound like too old and stiff. after a few revolutions whe got faster.......

A result......I recon if I had fuel gravity fed and cleaned plugs she could have fired up. That would have been special. maybe next time after lessons tomorrow

Wayne I expect I can find a pointy knob for the switch. I know you want to fit the proper metal one, may even have a sawn off knob from a Mk 2 that accommodates the hexy shaft. At least it will be a step up from the toggle switch thing. Did the turn lights work or any other illuminations?

Good that it turns over. Have to a carb refurb practice tomorrow in anticipation.

20120328_130009.jpg

20120328_184713.jpg

Actually that is the correct item according to the ISPL. The EMER describes it as having a hexagonal spindle. Although I have seen chunky bakelite knobs the EMER shows a metal pointy one. The more I think about it there should be a chrome plated small metal knob like the black one but spring loaded in the shaft.

What is misleading is that mine has the metal knob but centrally secured. But it clearly is not waterproof & is of a bulkier construction. This of course figures as mine is from 1956 not a modern 1959 model :-D. This would explain why I have several hexagonally shafted switches like yours as spares for no obvious purpose other than fitting the other Pig that I no longer have.:nut:

Of course it can't be confused with the GS as that had no turnlights at all!

Dscf8636a.jpg

Its the right switch! That explains the spare I got off you previously with the Hex Shaft!!!!!!

I had bought a nice new central secured pointed switch lever, but that can be used on the ignition panel to overhaul.

Challenge is to find the correct lever.....What have other PIG owners got on their Mk I/ II's???? Please reply.

I definately want a Carb lesson as was looking at removing and was unsure on which bolts to undo and not the same as a Weber or Solex on a Landy so waited till after today's tutorial.................

I didn't try the other lights and things as they are grotted as part of the decomposing of the lockers etc.

I know the horn didnt work!..........

I also scrapped/ rubbed away at the 4 guards icon on the rear door and found more of those black letters, so now suspect they are not real or original. That means lots of wet and dry to rub back and look for original Regt markings......All part of the fun.......

I did have something military to kneel on.

20120328_155346.jpg

The roof showing where the timber battens were to prop up the canvas cover.

20120328_155214.jpg

Need to fix/ repair this item as hinge gone.

20120328_153747.jpg

Some more detail photos;

20120328_124846.jpg

20120328_124834.jpg

20120328_124826.jpg

20120328_124533.jpg

20120328_124341.jpg

20120328_124330.jpg

Is this the fuel change over item as was weeping with a smell of old linseed oil/ dead fuel smell?

20120328_124247.jpg

20120328_124141.jpg

20120328_124130.jpg

Edited by Rover8FFR

Clive I did recall the grommet missing in end plate of air compressor. Are these obtainable or is a simple bung reqd. I think you can see the conrod for piston?

Also I attach the images of the elongated sump drain I remembered that differs from FV1609????

Advice please :cool2:

sump drain close.jpg

End of Compressor FV1611a.jpg

Edited by Rover8FFR

In the base of the light unit under the half moon cowl there are the letters of the alphabet A-Z visible. The clear end of the cowl has a pointer in-situ, allowing adjustment or rotation to an alphabetical position. Is this something that was required in the PIG or a more tactical arrangement in other FV's that used the same fitting.

I am interested to know the theory if anyone knows.

Also I have two of the open caged fittings and wonder what they would suit.

The base and lettering is constant, but the cage or cowl differences are there for some purpose.

Cheers

Roof Light Unit.jpg

Alternative roog light units.jpg

Clive I did recall the grommet missing in end plate of air compressor. Are these obtainable or is a simple bung reqd.
I think its just a thin metal disc that is peened over. I have several scrap cases one can be reclaimed from.

Also I attach the images of the elongated sump drain I remembered that differs from FV1609????

Hmm not the normal arrangement, should just be a brass plug. Looks a rather peculiar projection. Think it needs your degreasing skills to reveal its origins or purpose.

I think its just a thin metal disc that is peened over. I have several scrap cases one can be reclaimed from.

Hmm not the normal arrangement, should just be a brass plug. Looks a rather peculiar projection. Think it needs your degreasing skills to reveal its origins or purpose.

Ahh you have noticed that I am good at GLEEMING up items.......

Goes back to years of polishing football boots as an apprentice professional and also Bulling Ammo Boots :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I did take 'Andy' around to Rampant Rivet this afternoon for him to use on his champ and he made same ' Sparkley' comment.....LoL. Nice to be good at polishing............No.....No.......Please no GUTTER Comments from anyone....

Yes I know it's Friday night and I have just put my chin above the parapet...........:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I will check FV on lights now in garage.........They state FV157966?????????

The cowls have no markings. Indeed the item you gave me with half moon cowl and base with A-Z has no indent numbers to support the following image from parts book??

Humber Parts_Roof Light Parts Diagram.pdf

I see your transfer box was originally intend for winch use. But the PTO output will be no doubt be clamped off.

That just proves early vintage I guess???? So that the adaption to the transfer box was straight forward if required on the production line??????????? Big guess on my part? :nut:

20120328_184713.jpg

NOW DESPERATELY SEEKING LV6/MT4/LU/316622 for a marriage of switch unit and lever..................Where is the Bride :cry:

The Parts Book Definately Confirms this is the correct switch and waterproofed too..........Just need that lever. My parts book has no image but the number??????????? An image would be SOOOOOO Nice

Edited by Rover8FFR

i will check fv on lights now in garage.........they state fv157966?????????

fv157965 = tl6

fv157966 = tl7

Yes last edited & edited again! I'm try to type "FV" upper case & "TL" upper case & it keeps converting them to lower case. Grrh!

Edited by fv1609

OMG :nut::nut::nut::nut::nut: Where is that image from?????????????

Thats the correct Holy Grail.......You said it was Shiny Chrome............

That idea on the fuel lever now makes perfect sense..............

You are a Legend!

Sorry Clive but what does the tl6 and tl7 mean other than an evolution of a part number or for a different MV I guess?? rightly or wrongly!

TL6 & TL7 I think are part of the Lucas designation for a particular WD fitting

FV157965 = L-WD-TL6

FV157966 = L-WD-TL7

TL6 seems not have been NATO codified & has VAOS as LV6/MT3/LU/56007A

TL7 was codified as 6210-99-803-2084 but also appears as LV6/MT3/WDTL7 the Lucas no. is 540313. This I would have thought would retro construct in VAOS as LV6/MT3/LU/540313. Incidentally the only other country to use TL7 was Denmark.

TL6 & TL7 I think are part of the Lucas designation for a particular WD fitting

FV157965 = L-WD-TL6

FV157966 = L-WD-TL7

TL6 seems not have been NATO codified & has VAOS as LV6/MT3/LU/56007A

TL7 was codified as 6210-99-803-2084 but also appears as LV6/MT3/WDTL7 the Lucas no. is 540313. This I would have thought would retro construct in VAOS as LV6/MT3/LU/540313. Incidentally the only other country to use TL7 was Denmark.

Oh so that would make them rare items then??????????????

I have trawled a few classic car sites and nothing close to that image.......As discussed inventing one may be the solution and then see if an original ever surfaces etc..........

Thanks for the research...........................

Looking at some images I am confident that whilst not close up my TRB is similar to the one viewed whilst under Fv1609.......Just need to check it's tight!

I will of course clean up that sump detail and come back with a more defined image.

However it could be a stud and nut and not an extended bolt?? (TBC)