Bedford obsessin - Unhealthy?

Bedford Mad

Hi,

My name's Alec and I have a problem, namely a slightly unhealthy interest (obsession) with Bedfords, since riding around in my Dad's in the 60s.

I currently have 3 TKs, one of which is an ex Army Dustcart (often referred to as a Chip Fryer), an HCB Angus Fire Engine and a Post Office "Pole Erection Unit". I'm down in sunny West Sussex and am still looking for the right MJ. I did have an ex Reserve Stock left hand drive one for 2 days, and a civvie M Series Cherry Picker for a while. I do have am MJ cab, that I can sit in and dream!

I have quiet a few spares for TKs and TLs and have some useful contacts for Bedfords. Unfortunately I can be easily persuaded to buy more Bedfords, just don't tell my wife.

Looking forward to reading more on the forums and perhaps seeking some advive, possibly even providing some.

My GF would say ive gone Bedford crazy, i think she will kill me one of these days

Ive got a MK, im going to drive it up first to Iceland and then in the newyear drive it down to Capetown taking 6 months

My truck is in portsmouth in storage as im in Iceland right now ( but im English) i will be picking it up and driving it to dover in early April 8th,9th or 10th

Any chance you know were to get a wheel ( rim) for it, ive been driving myself crazy trying to get one in the south east of england, but no luck so far,its 10 stud and it takes 12.00x20 tyres ( i have a contact to get a tyre already).I dont want to drive up north as thats were it looks like all the wheels are.

Garry

http://vikingsacrossafrica.webs.com/

Suggestion:

Speak to Dave Crouch. Buy a tyre and wheel assembly, same make and degree of wear as the ones you have, (or better still with your journey in mind buy a truck load :D:D:D:D) and ask him if he would arrange to have it freighted down to where the truck is stored.

Might cost a bob or two for freight but will save a load of time, hassle, and whatever else to pick one up somewhere.