1/24th Scale Alvis Saracen kit, KFS

oily

Hi all,

I've just started building this kit from the new post-war range, never attempted a resin and metal kit before, but all I can say is "WOW!", such a high amount of detail!!!, all credit to you, Howard, and your team!....there'll be some photos up soon of the progress....

I'll need to make up some alternative smoke grenade launchers though, as the ones on my real Mk 5 are the earlier fan/triangular shaped bases..., unless you have this typAshton another kit, available as spares that you coul send me Howard?...

great kit though!,

Best regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Nice one, looking forward to your progress. Remember, if you hit any problems or need any clarification or help on the kit whatsoever, just drop me a line or give me a call.

Re the Smk dischargers.....nearest thing I would have had would be the Ferret 3 tube type. Not sure if they're the same. But I've checked the spares box & cupboard is bare anyway mate, sorry. (All casting is done professionally out of house)

Best regs......Howard @ KFS

Re: Smoke grenade dischargers, for my Saracen kit....yes, it sounds like they may be 'ferret' type ones, with 3 tubes arranged in a sort of 'fan' shape....I'd willingly pay a reasonable price for a pair of the bases that the tubes fix to, of you could get an extra set made, with the next casting batch....

May I say the kit is going together very well indeed, so far I've almost finished the 1st few stages, the rear and centre suspension is built up and fitted to the hull, along with the steering 'rocking beams', the tiny brass etched washers are VERY fiddly, but with patience the result is great... Having the real Saracen in my yard helps a great deal, I must say...

my gorgeous fiancée bought me the kit for my 43rd birthday last April, I rather like the idea of a ferret kit too, but I'll have to save my pennies for one, as we are getting married in September this year, ...maybe I should ask her for it as a wedding present! Lol!.....

Thanks again Howard, I'll keep you informed of the build progress

Kind regards

Matt

Been looking through my research pics on the smk dischargers, I have pictures of Mk5 with 3 & 4 tube & Mk6 likewise with 3 & 4 tube. Luck of the draw !

The vehicle the kit was actually based on was a Mk6 with 4 tube launchers.

Found an overhead shot of the 3 tube type which suggest they are the same as Ferret & if I had any spare oily would be more than welcome to them FOC.

Best regs all.

H

well this may be your first resin and metal kit but you won't find it difficult to build. Compared to few plastic kits I am working on it positively builds itself. You won't need any references having direct access to the real thing but if you are interested I blogged my Saracen on the Military Modelling site in the forum section under resin builds.

Cheers Nik