RSDG Land Rover Kuwait 2003

Trooper15

This is my latest project , Inspired by the two photos below , The Photos were taken in 2003 with the RSDG battlegroup in Kuwait and then Iraq , the piper is Jim Johnstone and he regularly got up on the bonnet at sunrise and sunset .I am not too familier with the details of this vehicle so any help would be great.I will sculpt and convert a figure of the piper.

The kit I have states it is a Defender 110 hardtop but I think it is more like a Wolf xD , to compound matters my model is RHD but the on in the photo is LHD ( RSDG were based in Germany) . I have reversed all the front end steering rods etc and moved the cylinder on the chassis leg to the other side to make it LHD , I will convert the dashboard later. I have a set of FFR boxes etc but I'm not sure of the radio equipment and how it would be mounted circa 2003 ( Clansman ?) any info would be much appreciated, Looking at the model engine I seem to be missing a military alternator on the upper LHS of the engine , would this be correct ? anyway , here is where i am so far

RSGD4.jpg

JimJohnstone.jpg

RSDG1.jpg

L1.jpg

DSCF0237.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

as I said , any help , comments or opinions very much appreciated.

cheers

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brian, I posted on your other thread about your radio fit in a landrover. Looking at your pic of this Rover I can say with out a doubt its fitted with clansman, Although its fitted with 2 wing mounted TUAAM boxes I see only one antenna so I'm guessing only one radio. This is important because it means its only monitoring one net. The call sign on the door(22 alpha) will give you a better Idea who's Rover it is. Since the Scots DG are an armoured Regt any soft skin vehicles are going to be in support, so maybe the QM'S department or something like that.

hear is a possable fit. its a 352 clip in kit in a series 3, but would be the same in a wolf.

Hope this helps. Ross

NM.jpg