Dingo 44

Fraud charges for fake Tank museum Major

I heard about this least 2 years ago, thought it was common knowledge.. He was the guy that organised the vehicles for the Queen's Pageant that quite a few forum members took part in..

Give's us Majors a bad name, and harms the good relations carefully built up between owners, suppliers, donators and the MOD etc

Bounder

Gary

mmmmmhhh..soooooo.....:cool2:.

....ask a few foreign countries for a tank or two...tell 'em your setting up a museum and bobs yer uncle !.......I'm compiling a few emails right now...........:cool2:

.....and first on the list is Israel .....

Dear Sirs..

..regarding that big park of Super Shermans you got lying about doing nothing....:-D

Of course there are other vehicles from other (real) collections that seem to have ended up in private hands too, which whatever you think about it is not how things should be.

dont believe everything you read in the papers ,as far as im aware major whatley has not been charged with any criminal offence and his only crime is his interest in military vehicles

Hang on people, two important considerations:

1. Libel

2. Innocent until proven guilty (and CERTAINLY innocent until charged!!!)

Sound advice.

Sadly this man received other vehicles on loan to his supposed museum, two belonged to me and were subsequently sold as the Major claimed I had gifted them to him. The costs to peruse this and him through the courts was going to be more than the worth of them some nine years ago. I would be pleased to speak to the investigation team in this current matter, to give them details of this and other incidents I am aware of, where other reputable collectors were targeted and left either without vehicles or seriously out of pocket. Others beware if it sounds to good to be true!

I have tried listening to this but cant because of my computer illiteracy issues but anyone else can listen to his interview on BBC radio 4 here:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/saturdaylive/saturdaylive_20070609.shtml

R

Hi Robin, I've listened to it, not really an interview but a piece done by him which would appear to have also been filmed. It was done in 2007 just before the London event and he says that his private collection of tanks are stored at Luggershall and he talks about a Leopard 1 and a T72 which he describes as a sports car type tank, he also mentions that he has owned it for 10 years and he has been in the Army for 35 years and is looking forward to his retirement.

mmmmmhhh..soooooo.....:cool2:.

....ask a few foreign countries for a tank or two...tell 'em your setting up a museum and bobs yer uncle !.......I'm compiling a few emails right now...........:cool2:

.....and first on the list is Israel .....

Dear Sirs..

..regarding that big park of Super Shermans you got lying about doing nothing....:-D

Excellent ! nice to see someone on the case already . And nice choice of tank btw Israel is probably very much overdue for a clear out of its afvs its been nicking everone elses for years !

:D