Leyland Daf drops

any Daf agent will supply or at least our local one can The engine sounds exotic being called a Rolls Royce but was built by Perkins so look at other truck makers who fitted engine under Perkins name. Think it was called Eagle fitted in ERF now MAN they can still locate parts.

Plus get someone to have a look at it apart from diaphragm not a lot can go wrong with it if that is OK I would go for sucking air only had the one DROPS it sucked air at bulk head union through chassis near tank proper pain by passed it in the end

Edited by cosrec

we have replaced everything on the down side of the pump, it works for a while then stops running, it simple stops pulling up the fuel...its driven me to total distraction. I now have a pipe running from the pump, to the filters to the tank...nothing inbetween we even bypassed the filters at one point.,..no go the pump has a leak, so it must be letting in air, it has to be replaced...will try man/daf/perkins suppliers...

Dave Crouch had exactly same fault it is not the lift pump but hair line crack on diesel pipe from tank. you can"t just pull a pipe to the tank you have to have flow and return as original. to test pipework from pump to tank use air and you will find a small crack. Dave changed pump, lift pump etc etc but had no joy then realised problem was crack, if any probs call Dave and he will confirm details.

Amazon Joe

thanks for the help guys lift pump fitted and truck working...as regards presurising system all done, all previous leaks sorted, this time it was the lift pump...next time a cracked pipe maybe, the list of fuel issues this truck has had have been unbelievable...anyway all working now, or so we think, I will wait until I have run her for a bit....

I think i have said i have over time replaced most parts of the fuel system, including removing a load of rubber from the inside of the fuel tank...what was tha all about..

Edited by paulob1