May 25~27th - Battlegroup North ( formerly Wheels & Wings ) Yorkshire Air Museum

For 2012, the date of the event has been moved back two weeks. This is a temporary move for one year only, as we are going to have a kind of 'Jubilee' show theme to incorporate the Queens Jubilee the following weekend.

Show website - http://www.wheelsandwings.co.uk/

Entry forms are now available - http://www.wheelsandwings.co.uk/entryform.pdf

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

• 4 months later...

Just found this on the museum website -

Saturday 26th/ Sunday 27th “Battlegroup North ‘Jubilee’ Wings & Wheels Show”: Huge gathering of over 250 historic military vehicles, full wargaming show and Living History displays. Field Gun Salute to mark the Queen’s Jubilee. A superb event for all the family – not to be missed!!!

Admission Prices: Adults £10, Children (5-15yrs) £5, Concessions £8, Family £26 (2 adults + 3 children)

Steve is correct in what he says, we as the Yorkshire MVT get absolutely nothing back from Elvington and rely on our raffle at saturday evenings free dance to cover our cost on running the show.

We have booked good weather this year, bring sun cream..............and goretex !

Petrol is always a good idea Tony.

Steve is correct in what he says, we as the Yorkshire MVT get absolutely nothing back from Elvington and rely on our raffle at saturday evenings free dance to cover our cost on running the show.

We have booked good weather this year, bring sun cream..............and goretex !

Petrol is always a good idea Tony.

Yes figured that last time mate lets hope we get further hey

And they only let you have £100 or so worth (which is still worth saving 5p a litre on granted), 540 litres each in the HT and DT if they are dry! When we went to Normandy in 2009, i brimmed all 5 vehicles i took before we set off - took so long the kiosk staff had changed shift by the time i'd done, but i was considerably fitter with all the running to and from the pump to get £100 worth in each time. Those sort of fuel trips were generally followed by a call from the credit card company asking me if i knew i'd just spent £x on fuel in several transactions - which usually resulted in my card being stopped as they would ring as i was driving away from the petrol station, and they would suspend the card until they heard from me...

Oh boy it was hot! It's been four years since the show last baked in the midday sun. Great show, perhaps down on numbers slightly, but there were also a number of new vehicles on show. I haven't even started to look through my photos yet, just unpacked and crashed on the sofa exhausted.