THE YORKSHIRE WARTIME EXPERIENCE EVENT 22nd-24th of June NEW SHOW

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The website has been updated again,with even more vehicle/living history group bookings.Click on new attractions ,then click on the fair group wheel.View pic's of some of the vehicles entered inc the Glynn Berresford collection.More pic's will be added shortly. http://www.ywe-event.info

Regard's

Stu

Edited by happydayz123

• 2 weeks later...

the cromwell is coming together again after the long wait for the blasting and priming to be done so we should make the show :-D

i hope you like the red arrows paint job

9.jpg

Edited by eddy8men

LOl.For our first show we've got some rare vehicles lined up, inc your cromwell Rick.The only complete ww2 scammell tank transporter left in the world.The only running Carden Loyd carrier in the world,and the rare early British vehicles from the Glen Berresford collection.With over 150 vehicles already booked in,this is going to be a show not to miss. www.ywe-event.info

Stu

scammel1.jpg

LOl.For our first show we've got some rare vehicles lined up, inc your cromwell Rick.The only complete ww2 scammell tank transporter left in the world.The only running Carden Loyd carrier in the world,and the rare early British vehicles from the Glen Berresford collection.With over 150 vehicles already booked in,this is going to be a show not to miss. www.ywe-event.info

Stu

scammel2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've ended up with 187 vehicle entries,apart from a few there nearly all Wartime.With some exceptionally rare British wartime types 41 in total.Several wartime tanks & armoured vehicles & a great turnout of artillery (see website) www.ywe-event.info 42 re-enactment groups.Which i think is good going for a first show.Hope to see you all there. 23-24 June

Stu

Another two tanks have booked in today hooray.

I checked the ground out today,thankfully it's all bone dry.Finger's crossed it'll stay that way,at least the land has very good drainage.Direction's to site where only two miles off the M62 motorway Jun 26,onto the A58 Leeds past the Hunsworth pub on your left.Straight through first set of light's second set turn left onto Hunsworth Lane.Past the Saville Arms pub,and where just over the motorway bridge on your left. www.ywe-event.info

Safe journey guy's

Stu

hi stu

followed your directions and checked out the location today looks like you have a very big task ahead setting up the show if you have the time can you advise what catering will be available on site, my cooking is not up to much and i dont want to cook if i can avoid it

regards nicky :-D

Saturday night and were home again from the Yorkshire Water Wartime Experience! We survived the torrential rain of Thursday night, all Friday and Friday night. It wasn't a good sign when various vehicles were being towed INTO the site through the mud by tractors. All the 4x4 military vehicles seemed to manage ok, but some of the 2x4's and general traders/fairground vehicles got stuck.

I don't think Friday saw all the planned school visits, though I did see a number of school children hiding from the rain in the beer tent! Two marquees were overturned immediately behind us on Friday due to very strong gusts, but our tent survived by being roped to the truck and a nearby fence. Not so much luck on Saturday as the truck was with the others on display, and the steel frame tent took off and got shreaded. My weekend cost was £500, £100 on petrol and £400 on a destroyed tent! It has done us six years, but there was still life in it yet, although after Friday, it was going to need waterproofing again.

I counted around 40 vehicles there today, but so many had cancelled or just didn't show, it was a real shame after so much effort by Stuart and Ken, and it has the potential to be a great show, with the site being huge. The heavy rain formed a lake in the arena, which must have contained a couple of hundred thousand gallons at least, but that was still only a small fraction of the arena space, and the arena was only one of about five fields available for displays.

I hope they get a better day tomorrow.

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

Here's a picture from around 2pm on Saturday, however all of Friday looked the same!

ywe1.jpg

The sun did make brief appearances during Saturday and there were public there plodging through the mud enjoying the show. This is a view across two of the show fields, with the new lake at the back of the arena field.

ywe22.jpg