THE YORKSHIRE WARTIME EXPERIENCE EVENT 22nd-24th of June NEW SHOW

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,as we've got so much artillery booked into the show,we've decided to do a special arena event (Moving the guns).

ie we have a ww2 jeep with a 37mm anti tank gun,Quad limber & 25 pounder,Bren carrier & 6 pounder,Matador & 5.5" and some other bigger quest's !!.So where now looking for anymore combination's ? Landrover with a wombat would be nice ?

Booking forms are on our website www.ywe-event.info

Cheer's

Stu/Ken

Such a shame that this event is clashing with two other big ones on the same weekend, as it's lining up to be an excellent one with the attendance list you guys have drawn together. Unfortunately I will be at Wartime in the Vale, but all the best with the show!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great new's the German Marder tank, along with a German halftrack (OT810) are now confirmed.This year the battlefield is set in 30acres,we already have several ww2 tanks booked in inc a live firing Chaffee,Hellcat,Marder & Panzer 111 (reconstruction) .Along with a very rare original 1933 carden loyd carrier & a Cromwell tank both on their first outing.Along with a rare M4 High speed tractor,several American halftrack's & Daimler dingo's. Four live firing 25 pounder field gun's,will also be in action.There will be full living history on the battlefield,incorporating several British,American & German reenactment groups.We will be digging trenchs,dugout's,artillery,mortor & machine gun pitts at both end's of the field.The battle will be on both day's & last one hour.We already have 28 re-enactment groups booked in from the First World War right up to more recent conflict's.We also have a large amount of ww2 British vehicles booked in,which is a rare sight at any show.Inc three rare Guy Ants (original radio & two GS trucks).For anyone wishing to enter,booking form's can be downloaded off our website.

Cheer's

Stu

my cromwell will be making it's debut appearance at the show and everyone is welcome to clamber all over it and in it (if you can fit that is). unfortunately i will be at A&E with the carrier so you won't have the pleasure of my company but that's never been considered a bad thing :D

gonna be a great show shame i'll miss it but there's always next year.

rick

Thank's Rick.Without a dout your Cromwell and the 1933 Carden loyd carrier will be two of the major stars of the show.Thanks to your help Rick,we now have a very capable driver for the Cromwell.Hopefully we should have another very rare vehicle,booking in shortly.

Edited by happydayz123