mixed emotions

rosie

Happy New Year guys and girls

I had a cracking party last night with lots of lovely friends and family, ate too much and drank more! Went to bed only to be woken at 2.20 by my grandmas neighbour to say she had collapsed. My mum and step dad were still out patying at another house. i got there and quickly realizerd there was not a lot I could do but the first responder worked hard for what seemed ages, the paramedic was soo understanding, the ambulance crew were comforting and the policeman (who I greeted at the door with-good god you are massive!) was a lovely gentle giant and the undertakers so carefull and respectful.

yes sadly grandma didnt make it but she had good innings and was surrounded by her family at the end.

On a night when people go out and have so much fun these guys have to deal with a family who have been thrown into turmoil very suddenly.

Thanks to everyone and anyone who have had to deal with it. You all do a wonderful job with little or no recognition

i'm very sorry to hear about your loss, it must have been surreal to jump from a party straight into this situation. Its almost a miracle you were called at night and had the opportunit to say goodbye.

All the best for the coming period.

Thanks you guys means a lot, honest it does.

Its been an odd day, lots of questions from my children, putting on a brave face for grandad, remembering the good times and trying not to remember her from last night.

onwards and upwards though.

Love you all :kiss::-)

• 3 weeks later...

Well today we say our final farewell to Grandma. Up and down so far today. Instead of flowers with the coffin we have all put flowers in my aunts house for when we get back after, grandma loved flowers so it's only fitting we have them.

Once again thanks for your support xxxxx

Love from Rosie x

Well we defo gave her a good send off. I helped carry her coffin into the crem. I would have helped her get about so only felt fit I helped her on her final journey. Then we had a small informal shin dig afterwards, she would have approved!

Love from Rosie x

Hi Rosie,,

So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost both my parents, dad at 51, from cancer, mum at 73 suddenly. I don't know what's worse, but at least for you grandma it was quite quick , but I guess it's the not being able to say goodbye that's the hardest. I do feel for you! X