Soldier of Fortune deal done for A&E 2012

OK folk as you know we have dress code for A&E 2012 and to help out with that I have done a deal with SOF which will give us all some discount.

I will post up with full details and the dress code as soon as I have written it all up and crossed checked it with Keith.

Hope that's of help!

Cheers,

JB!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jack, can you get the discount backdated;)..........I've spent a bloody fortune with them over the years.:D

I have just called them Degsy and said no problems.

- as long as you don't live in Wales :coffee:

Right guys and girls just to help you along the way here are the product codes from Soldier of Fortune.

HBT Trousers.......Code: AG449

These trousers were worn by some assault troops on Normandy over there wool trousers and worn by themselves in the summer as they where more comfortable than wool trousers. This is the model with the pleated cargo pockets.

HBT Shirt............Code: AG448

Standard pattern of the HBT shirt worn during WW2. With pleated pockets. These where designed to be worn over other clothing. In the sizing below we have given a chest size that the shirts will fit when wearing a wool shirt underneath.

M41 Field Jacket...Code: AG041

This M41 jacket has a thicker liner and a greener shade of colour than our standard M41 jackets.

Alternatively...

HBT Coveralls......Code: AG314

One piece HBT coveralls made to 1943 specifications. 5 pocket design including a tool pouch, single chest pocket and metal buttons.

Footwear is just as important

Roughout Ankle Boots...Code: AG720

Reversed leather giving distinct "roughout" look. Worn in combat with canvas gaiters.

This is the type used on Normandy.

Hats/Headwear...

HBT Cap .........Code: AG311

H.B.T. cap made in the same herringbone twill fabric as our shirts and trousers.

Infantry Garrison Cap.. Code: AG336

The O.D. (brown) overseas side cap was the standard headwear for all Branches of Service for Enlisted men in the European Theatre of Operations. These caps are made from from a specially commissioned run of wool to ensure the correct colour and feel of the war time ones. Fitted with the light blue branch of service piping for Infantry and Airborne.

M1 style Helmet....Code: AG1057

This is a good priced M1 helmet.

The steel shell is the standard M1 helmet but the chinstrap and liner are different.

The canvas chinstrap can be replaced easily with a war time tan chinstrap (AG211).

The liner comes with a leather chinstrap.

Womens HBT Coverall...Code: AG992

These are a different design to the mens coveralls and are cut differently.

2 front hip pockets.

Waist belt, fastens at the front.

Button up front.

Sizes:

Small = UK 8.

Medium = UK 10 to 12.

Large = UK 14 to 16.

X Large = UK 18.

XX Large = UK 20.

Remember these are guidlines as to a uniform of sorts for A+E, the idea is to get everyone looking roughly the same when driving their superb vehicles, just think of the photographic coverage that this event is going to produce in every magazine that has anything remotely to do with military vehicles.

The eyes of the world will be upon us as someone a lot more famous than me once said many years ago.

A couple of other points worth bearing in mind please....

Any flags or other paraphernalia that wouldn't have been on your vehicle as it was going on embarkation to be removed or covered up if removal may damage your vehicle.

Please don't purchase medal ribbons to wear on your uniforms, if you didn't earn it please respect those that did and refrain from wearing any.

It is not "probable" that a Captain, Major, Lieutenant or any high ranking officer drove a vehicle on Embarkation so please don't make yourselves up to any higher rank. (there could well be some high ranking people there)!

If all this sounds a bit over the top then I apologize, I have had a long chat with Jack on several occasions and we do agree on a "basic" uniform code and "dress" code for vehicles

With this in mind lets show everyone, all the doubters, the know it alls, the disbelievers what a lot of co-operation and dedication can produce when you have like minded individuals pulling together.

I am loitering on here or on facebook if you need to ask a question with reference to your uniform or your vehicle prior to A+E taking place, on the day I will be there with Jack making sure everyone looks the part before we all set off on what will be an amazing experience.

Now get writing to Santa, you have the codes and the discount

Keith

Just a couple of questions.....

1. So is the discount available for brit kit

2. How do you go about getting the discount when ordering, is there a code to be input on SOF website when ordering?

And for those representing British I would suggest for a bog standard look, standfast Tankies:

Battle dress blouse

P37 BE603 or P40 BE759

Battle dress trousers

P37 BE602 or P40 BE760

OR

Denim blouse

BE768

Denim trousers

BE769

Shirt

BE907

Gaiters

BE905

Boots

BEO64 OR BC599

FS cap

BE658

OR

GS Beret

KC005

OR

Tin helmet BE729

To whatever unit you would wish to represent inkeeping with timeframe.

Re ATS, sorry to say there is not much out there and would suggest you refer to the wwii reenactors website for further information or contact Sabre sales

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?25626-British-army-uniform-WW2

Edited by BIGREDONE

Great work keith and thank you for your time on this. There will be some questions do fire away folks.

One from me - can white T shirts be worn under the jackets/coveralls as I did last year?

SOF discount - yes you will be given a voucher code to put into their site on the checkout page - that will then take care of that for you. Thei have a new site going live in the new year.

I am not going to put the code up here on open forum but will email/PM/call the code through to those that have booked in as soon as I have it :)

Great work keith and thank you for your time on this. There will be some questions do fire away folks.

One from me - can white T shirts be worn under the jackets/coveralls as I did last year?

:)

NO,NO,NO.........don't be so tight, buy a vest from S-O-F....I suppose you will get a discount or else plead poverty and claim you have added thousands to their turnover and deserve a freebie;)

Jack,

I agree with Degsy, highly unlikely for a white T shirt to be worn, more likely to be a vest (now man up and show off those wasted hours in the gym with a vest)!!!

What the hell is the matter with you man! No one agrees with Degsy! Anyway - I don't want to show anyone up with my muscles :coffee:

NO,NO,NO.........don't be so tight, buy a vest from S-O-F....I suppose you will get a discount or else plead poverty and claim you have added thousands to their turnover and deserve a freebie;)

Oi! I sorted this out for the team - you guys!! I am already sorted!

- I have had a chat with Rosy ;-)

I don't care if you have spoken to the Grand Gugnuc of Waziristan you still CAN'T WEAR A WHITE T-SHIRT.:cool2: I will speak to Kev and leave him to deal with you if you don't conform strictly to the dress code:n00b:

PS I have heard that anyone seen wearing one was considered to be of a certain sexual persuasion....remember the canvas bucket thread?

Edited by Degsy