bedford QL restoration

guy66

I still looking for some wane that can make my canvas bits for the QL.

Seat covers, roof hip ring cover, bellows on gear sticks and steering column, radiator funnel and blind and the parts under the cabin.

I made al ready some enquiries with some well know canvas suppliers but without luck.

The problem is that I dot have any samples of my canvas bits as most of thees bits fell apart.

Guy:(

Hi Guy I enquired with Allied Canvus last year and they have all the patterns & will make then for you but not cheep.http://www.milweb.net/go/alliedforces/ keep up the good work mate, you should be finished years before me.:-(

• 3 weeks later...

Little progress on the QL, waiting for the return of the under section of the cabin from the sandblaster and the chassis is also ready to blast.

On the pictures you can see that the rear cross member has some extra piece welded to it and that there is a centre section missing on the chassis.

The centre section has been cut to fit the crane on to the chassis after the Bedford its military service, these parts will be repaired with the sections that I have from my TEV rear body.

Al the remaining bits of the crane have been cut of from the chassis rails.

Next week there will be now match action in the workshop as I make a little trip to Normandy with my Triumph 3HW.

Guy

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

Edited by guy66

A little change in program, after a good water high pressure clean decided not to have the frame completely sandblasted.

There is still a lot of original paint on the frame after all thees years, I will clean the frame with a wire brush and then paint the frame.

IMG_0356.jpg

Frame on transport from the farm to my place.

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

Front part of the chassis is in paint, only the front part as I still need to weld some chassis bits back in.

IMG_0362.jpg

And had a start to reassemble some bits that have been dealt with earlier this year, transfer box ,steering box and prop shaft.

Now I need to wait some weeks for the missing chassis parts as in July we go to collect the rear TEV box that I purchased some time ago, need to collect it on the other side of Belgium.

IMG_0365.jpg

Maybe the bottom part of the cabin comes back from the blasters and then I can spend some time on this bit.

Guy

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

A real boast in the restoration of the QL, the cabin is now in to paint and I need just to ad a little bit of black for the camouflage on the cabin.

Had also a trail fit of the radiator cover for the black Mickey mouse paint on this part of the cabin.

With some luck the cabin will be over the engine and frame next week!;)

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

Hello Niels, I just tray to motivate you and Ian to get your two back on to your bedford QL.

It is so lonely on the forum as the only person that is working on his QL.:embarrassed:

Guy

Hello Niels, I just tray to motivate you and Ian to get your two back on to your bedford QL.

It is so lonely on the forum as the only person that is working on his QL.:embarrassed:

Guy

Hi Guy I'm back with my QL as of this week, cant do any more to the bowser untill after Beltring as I'm waiting for a mate to fabricate the chassis sections.

Well done with your restoration.

Sorry guys I have been at it again. Al thees parts I prepared needed to go somewhere on the QL.

For my it is the most satisfying job to putt everything back on his place, it is such a easy job.

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

Edited by guy66