A&E - The Updates....

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Well time flys by when you are having fun dosnt it ,and if im correct with my calendar its 4 MONTHS to the day and we will be leaving camp soon for the start of a awesome day in Dorset with our mighty Leader leading one of the biggest gatherings of WW2 Tanks (and the odd SP Gun ) blazing a path of glory around the lovely country side of Dorset !!

Roll on A & E ,

Regards Adrian

( theres no pressure on you Jack )

Well time flys by when you are having fun dosnt it ,and if im correct with my calendar its 4 MONTHS to the day and we will be leaving camp soon for the start of a awesome day in Dorset with our mighty Leader leading one of the biggest gatherings of WW2 Tanks (and the odd SP Gun ) blazing a path of glory around the lovely country side of Dorset !!

Roll on A & E ,

Regards Adrian

( theres no pressure on you Jack )

Yeah! Can't wait :kiss:

Today I am in a meeting with the Echo newspaper dudes who want to be our media partners for the event - not to sure what they want from this but they want to give us massive coverage.

Then this evening and presenting to the Chamber of Commerce - regards funding.

No sleep until A&E 2012 - and I am not joking :blush:

- try not to buy anymore vehicles for a bit Adrian. Thanks :coffee:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know - all is well here.

If I am quiet its because I am flat out with it with it all. There is an awful lot to organise, more than you can imagine. Application for Lottery funding has gone in. And working on the other areas of sponsorship which is on going.

Tankers - will text you will details of the contribution being made towards low loader costs or drop me an email......

Cheers!

JB.

Just to let you know - all is well here.

If I am quiet its because I am flat out with it with it all. There is an awful lot to organise, more than you can imagine. Application for Lottery funding has gone in. And working on the other areas of sponsorship which is on going.

Tankers - will text you will details of the contribution being made towards low loader costs or drop me an email......

Cheers!

JB.

Thanks for the update Jack, good luck with the funding :)

• 2 weeks later...

'Tankers - will text you will details of the contribution being made towards low loader costs or drop me an email......'

Jack - i thought this was a pay your own way event the same as last time? Personally i think that works better as you cut out people who are not 100% comminted to being there! Same goes for paying for fuel and people who moan about that!

Hope the organising is going well, I look forward to seeing the results in june.

Jon

• 3 weeks later...
'Tankers - will text you will details of the contribution being made towards low loader costs or drop me an email......'

Jack - i thought this was a pay your own way event the same as last time? Personally i think that works better as you cut out people who are not 100% comminted to being there! Same goes for paying for fuel and people who moan about that!

Hope the organising is going well, I look forward to seeing the results in june.

Jon

I hear you Jon and it is a good debate - am I trying to make it as fair as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Jack and fellow participants of A&E ,

Well time has been flying by and its 2 months to the day and we should be leaving camp i guess in the next half hour to trundle our merry convoy around the roads of Dorset !!!

Ive some questions to ask as we are so close to kick off ,

How is funding shaping up as ive had my low loader firm on the phone wanting confirmation etc , I know some of the other Tankers with further to travel ( bigger low loader bills to pay ) would like some clarity to travel costs this close to the event ,my haulage firm are prepared to leave the lorry at the camp site for the weekend to save costs !!!, but this has been aranged now for over 9 months .

Weymouth , When we get to Weymouth and join onto the precession along the sea front , at the end do we park up and participate in the event for the day or do we bug out and head straight back to camp ??

Would it be possible to put peoples names against the vehicles that are booked in on your list on the website ?? We are all going to meet up in the camp site any way and hopefully it will be very social this time with alot of meet and greet and getting to know other furum members.

Thanks in advance

Adrian

Morning!

Yeah I just hope the weather is better than it is today.

Sure book your lowloader in and all tankers should be up to date. Funding is well. With regards to the Weymouth and the other days then every thing you need is here http://www.armourandembarkation.com/ Names against the tanks - sure that can be done but haven't as I am not too sure if the owners want their names plastered across the net.

I will also add the details about the best viewing points for members of the public that are wanting to see us.