my fwdhar1 1943 project

desertman

any way were was i before richard came along :laugh: i think it is the finished product pics as i said only the in sides have been done still have the out side to do yet. and i have all ready done the back panel as in the pic you can see

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

DSCF0178.jpg

here iam still at it iam going well to night iam only here because i dont have to leave for work untill 600 am in stead of 1am in the morning got to drop in to the work shop on way and this pics are of my son jamie knocking the unis out he must have be feeling sick that day to give me a hand and the thing is he looked at me doing one and than took over ,very smart boy but wont use them things called a brain ,he likes riding in the trucks ,but dont like restoreing them teenagers,,,, the next gen and of course i cut lose and bought 7 new tyres there not bar tread but there just alittle hard to come by and too dear for this poor person ,ithink i payed 2200$ for them :-D

DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

i will do one more post fellers ,sam my friend and i and jamie were scabing around a wreckers some moths ago and can across this bit of gear, a pump fire fighting i think any body shed some light on it plz english i think going cheep 500$ i was thinking of getting it , its still there and can any body tell me what i made here in the other pics just a bit of triver for uses any way get to the end of me glass of coke so cyas all late untill my next thead:cheesy: ops i didnt up load the pics of me bit of triver owell it will have to be the next tread :mad:

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi fellers i have been up dating my rebuild as i would like to but its coming along nicely,i will have to start alittle further along as my desk top hard drive **** its self and lost all my pics so we will have to go with what i have :) as we all know rebuilding a fwdhar1 is not a easy feet with very little part around so we have to get around that, the bumperets are GMC cut down to fit.DSCF0927.jpg

Having time when i not at work , the wirings done well not all just have wipers to do and i have started the timber body but i wont show any of that yet i still have to try and catch up with other things first and have , well my son and i are also doing a 43 ford jeep up as well, the lad wonted a jeep so we came up with a chassie for him to start with and buy stuff as we go , he seems to be keen enough so we will see hahaha thats if power of the pussy dont get him first hahahaDSCF1347.jpg

DSCF1330.jpg

DSCF1333.jpg

DSCF1347.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

hi rick answer to your question ,yes i have been slack puting up posts but there coming if you dont mind me asking where you the feller chasing the pics of dater plates if you are thanks ,will have to buy you a beer or two if we ever meet,because i got some to of the bloke that rolled them out,the jeep is just about finished and the truck is too.

• 2 years later...

I know i have  been slack so i will keep going with rebuild for members who like to see and the jeep its been hard losing my my job getting another, working roma 3 yrs  so wasn't home much losing it but found another one and so on so sit back get a beer and have a read.

so when the bonnet  was half finished it was out  of shape so it took a lot to get back in shape and than sides were the bonnet sat on the side panels had a 1 inch gap from front to back mmmm so i welded 1nch x quoter flat bar on bottom from ,front back witch fix that.

DSCF1981.JPG

DSCF1982.JPG

DSCF1983.JPG

DSCF1985.JPG

DSCF1987.JPG

• Like 1

so in the middle of panel beating i had  no dater plates so a bloke rang me,said he was getting some for another fwd owner and did i need any, well bang yes i do cost around 300 great stuff as there is to my knowledge there is not many around and parts well there an't many well i  do some things.

DSCF2151.JPG

DSCF2155.JPG

DSCF2157.JPG

DSCF2159.JPG

ok fellers next the rear body because i havt got one i have to make   a reproduction one, were to start get my trusty manual out read up on it and got the timber ,that's not a problem i work a sawmill  oooo i didn't let know the job i got now is driving a log skidder a 648 series 3g air cab john deere of the track abit so got the cut at the mill so that was the ticket , had to make all accessory's and tail gate the thing thats great about it ,its all wood

DSCF1353.JPG

DSCF1369.JPG

DSCF1381.JPG

DSCF1374.JPG

DSCF1386.JPG

DSCF1523.JPG

• Like 1