Cheap way tho fill a holster?

tinweasle

I have a 58 patten holster for a browning hi power which I would like to fill for my display, but I dont have the funds for a deac so what is a good way of filling it and staying legal?

I could go air soft and im not to worryed about the colour as I cant see the need to take it out the holster. but even cheaper and in keeping with the military mind would be to knock something up the right size and shape with some scrap pine and a jigsaw but would that count as a replica, would I be better to paint it blue?

Cheers

Shaun

Trying to find a replica or airsoft Browning is like hunting Unicorns. Everyone had one yesterday. You can buy a cheap multi coulered £5 toy from a show. You can buy a generic 'automatic' air pistol cheap enough and as long as your over 16 and the trigger covered your legal. I have an airsoft .45 M1911 that fits and looks the part, but I'm a memeber of a re-eanctment group with 3rd part liability .

battle orders of polgate do a browning replica thats not to bad as a member of cold war provost got 1 that i had to collect for them the drawback is they need copy of reeinactor insurance before they sell you 1

Just checked site. Unicorn's AGAIN! :computerrage::banghead:

IF, you have a little time on your hands. Why not carve a shape of one from wood? You dont have to go into full detail.

JUST detail the grip/rear frame area & screw a pair of genuine pistol grip scales to it. Paint the rear grip area black. & leave the midlle down the the front in a natural wood colur. That way you are not breaking any Laws! You can buy grip scales on Ebay.

I have just sold a Genuine pair myself there! There are quite afew available from abroad.

Grips are NOT considered essential Firearm componants & therefore there are no restrictions!

• 1 month later...