Tripod Identification

MHillyard

Picked this up at W&P a couple of years ago with a load of other relics quite cheaply. Apparently it is either German or Russian. Any ideas what is from or for?

I call B*llsh*t!

It's British (or Canadian/Australian), and is the top end of "Stand, Lamp or Heliograph, A, Mk.III"

I'm not sure that it's worth restoring, since the thread is chewed up and it's missing the cap & chain (plus the sling fittings and metal points for the legs), but if you fancy some woodworking I can measure/photograph a complete one.

The thread on top will fit the standard Heliograph Mark V (and earlier models), the Lamp, Signalling, Daylight (Short Range or Long Range, but not the post-WW2 Lightweight model that fits on a bayonet), or earlier signalling lamps like the Begbie or the Portable Lime Light.

Best,

Chris.

I call B*llsh*t!

It's British (or Canadian/Australian), and is the top end of "Stand, Lamp or Heliograph, A, Mk.III"

I'm not sure that it's worth restoring, since the thread is chewed up and it's missing the cap & chain (plus the sling fittings and metal points for the legs), but if you fancy some woodworking I can measure/photograph a complete one.

The thread on top will fit the standard Heliograph Mark V (and earlier models), the Lamp, Signalling, Daylight (Short Range or Long Range, but not the post-WW2 Lightweight model that fits on a bayonet), or earlier signalling lamps like the Begbie or the Portable Lime Light.

Best,

Chris.

Thats not too bad actually as it may fit on of my British signaling sets which is missing a tripod. Thanks for the info, lucky i paid next to nothing for it!

• 1 month later...