Bedford QLR 32YY16

Ian L

Unfortunately this restoration project will be up forsale shortly due to ill health, I have just come out of hospital this evening following a back injury / slipped disc and back in April I had AF / heart failure.

That is very sad to hear as you have been doing an outstanding job and producing a fascinating blog of your efforts. I have much enjoyed this thread. But... look after your back, you only have one and you can't do much without it! So, good luck for the future and enjoy the lighter work on your other projects.

10 68

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is sad to hear can you at least keep the K5 now that's it restored?

Hi Niels yes mate I'm keeping the K5 for the time being, its gone away this winter into storage so that we can do a few big jobs on it like removing the wheels / hubs & transfer box but I've a few good mates that will do the heavy work for me.

As for the water bowser it was planned to finish it over the winter & show it next summer, if that happens I will fit either caravan motor movers to each wheel or get one of those powered jockey wheels as it a heavy lump to move around at the best of times.

That's really a pity for your project but I can understand your problem , it's a hell of a job to get it back to original. Now you can concentrate on your smaller projects and hopefully the Ql will go to some wane that can take up the challenge .

Guy.

• 3 weeks later...
That's really a pity for your project but I can understand your problem , it's a hell of a job to get it back to original. Now you can concentrate on your smaller projects and hopefully the Ql will go to some wane that can take up the challenge .

Guy.

It is a pity Guy as the main work is done & I was intending to get back on with it this summer now I'm coming to an end with the bowser & Humber box and the Tilly is a slow winter job in the garage at Jane's.

The body is now up for sale on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232191405533?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Ian, why split it all up, or are these extra bits over and above the truck under restoration?

Hi Sean I put the feelers out a year ago and tried to sell it as a complete package but it did work out & even then I was going to loose £1,500 on what its cost me.

This way other QL's can be put back on the road & I may even make a bit, the engine will up for

sale hopefully this summer once I've painted & test run it up in the test rig.

Unless I receive a good offer for the unfinished cab the intention is to finish it off slowly to a very high standard & sell as a ready to fit & go cab with doors, windows, bonnet & all the interior engine panels. I think there are a lot of people out there that may be interested ;)

Regards Ian